Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Normal Topic Sitcky posts have lost their 'stick'! (Read 1,015 times)
Chess Publishing

Sitcky posts have lost their 'stick'!
Oct 25th, 2012 at 10:55am
Post Tools
I've just upgraded from 2.4 to 2.5.2, which seems to have worked OK, but I noticed something didn't look quite right ... and after a while I realised my important posts had disappeared! Huh
I managed to find most of them (or at least the ones I could remember) and 're-stick' them, but how can I find the rest (it's a pretty big Forum)?

IP Logged

Dandello
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.1
Re: Sitcky posts have lost their 'stick'!
Reply #1 - Oct 25th, 2012 at 1:25pm
Post Tools
Oops. I assume you ran the message/thread maintenance utilities in the Admin Center?

I know that the actual sticky info is in the .ctb files under 'threadstatus' and 2.4 and 2.5x saves them the same way so nothing should have messed with that. But they're also stored in under the thread list in ./Boards - again they should be store the same way only in the Board files, the sticky info is at the end of each line.

If running the utilities doesn't fix it, open one of your Board files ('general.txt', etc.)  in a good text editor and make sure the sticky info for each thread is there - if not, compare those files to your backups. (Winmerge is a great free program for things like this.)

Most stickies are coded '0s' - the s is for 'sticky' - the number controls if the file is locked or has other restrictions.

Edited:
And after I wrote the above epistle I realized what may have happened. Your Important Messages are probably in a Board named 'News'. - That was a change between 2.4 and 2.5 and 'News' effectively became 'Announcements'. Find 'News and you'll probably find your missing Important Messages.

« Last Edit: Oct 25th, 2012 at 1:30pm by Dandello »  

If you only have one solution to a problem you're not trying hard enough!
IP Logged

Chess Publishing

Re: Sitcky posts have lost their 'stick'!
Reply #2 - Oct 25th, 2012 at 7:26pm
Post Tools
Dandello wrote on Oct 25th, 2012 at 1:25pm:
Oops. I assume you ran the message/thread maintenance utilities in the Admin Center?

I religiously followed the Quick Guide instructions! Wink

Dandello wrote on Oct 25th, 2012 at 1:25pm:
If running the utilities doesn't fix it, open one of your Board files ('general.txt', etc.)  in a good text editor and make sure the sticky info for each thread is there - if not, compare those files to your backups. (Winmerge is a great free program for things like this.)

Most stickies are coded '0s' - the s is for 'sticky' - the number controls if the file is locked or has other restrictions.

Thanks! Found them all (I hope!) Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools