Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Navigation bar disappeared in index page (Read 8,352 times)
xnoddyx
Support Team
Documentation Team
YaBB Moderators
YaBB Next Team
Beta Testers

None
Re: Navigation bar disappeared in index page
Reply #25 - Nov 3rd, 2012 at 1:00pm
Post Tools
it's good to see you are back up and running  Smiley

the apprentice wrote on Nov 3rd, 2012 at 6:10am:
Something wrong is still on from my antecedent forum boards but I hope to solve these remaining problem in a short time.

ok if you post what the remaining problems are we will see if we can get them fixed for you as well  Wink

YaBB install help video
1. what yabb forum are you running and the url
2. describe in as much detail as you can what happens and also post screenshots if you can
3. please be patient we live in different time zones and have other commitments but we will help you
as bill and ted say (Be excellent to each other)
IP Logged

the apprentice

YaBB 2.5.2
Reply #24 - Nov 3rd, 2012 at 6:10am
Post Tools
Working all the night, now my boards have been repaired.
The last option was the best. I have completely reinstalled YaBB 2.3.1 and after I heve replaced little by little all the variable files (except for the logs and some other) and after I have re-uploaded the members, the boards, the messages and finally I have reinstalled also my template and CSS without any problem (till now). All works good. Smiley

After all this I have reconstructed the member list and messages and made a comprehensive backup.

Something wrong is still on from my antecedent forum boards but I hope to solve these remaining problem in a short time.
What is important is that the forum boards are online again.
Thank you for your suggestions,
see you soon,

The apprentice

IP Logged

depablo
YaBB Moderators
YaBB Next Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #23 - Nov 3rd, 2012 at 12:15am
Post Tools
xnoddyx you have been promoted by high members of this support board, they have put their trust in you.

That should be good enough for the apprentice, good luck repairing the board.

Taking a peek behind the mask Wink

IP Logged

xnoddyx
Support Team
Documentation Team
YaBB Moderators
YaBB Next Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #22 - Nov 2nd, 2012 at 11:21pm
Post Tools
ok so it is not a Browser's Cache prob
also if the upload of the 2.3.1 files from a new zip dont work i will have to pass this on as i can't be of much more help i will post a reqest for this just now and a high member of the team will help you.  Smiley

YaBB install help video
2. describe in as much detail as you can what happens and also post screenshots if you can
3. please be patient we live in different time zones and have other commitments but we will help you
IP Logged

the apprentice

YaBB 2.5.2
Reply #21 - Nov 2nd, 2012 at 10:44pm
Post Tools
Done, but the problem is still on in both my browsers explorer 9.0 and firefox 16.0.2.
I'm sorry I must add you are probably right I've made an error I uploaded the update to YaBB 2.3.1 not the full package.
Now I will try to add, if possible all the other files, with exception to those related to my actual boards, users, and other variables.

p.s. I don't need your mailbox. What I said is because I had assured you I would send you my forum template.
Thanks
« Last Edit: Nov 2nd, 2012 at 11:04pm by the apprentice »  

IP Logged

xnoddyx
Support Team
Documentation Team
YaBB Moderators
YaBB Next Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #20 - Nov 2nd, 2012 at 10:05pm
Post Tools
the apprentice wrote on Nov 2nd, 2012 at 9:49pm:
Yes I made login and after the login was no navigation bar.About templates I've controlled if all the files online match with those in the full package distribution and I've discovered a double template in the /template/yabb21/ directory were I have found both yabb21.html and default.html; so i have deleted the last. Furthermore in the public_html there were some CSS more, that I have removed.When I have visited the Admin Center I discovered now the template, with al its buttons, displays in the template configuration section and all the settings there, at now, match those in one of my other forum boards (still working).Anyway the navigation bar still doesn't display at the top, in the forum board index.

ok can you go here http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser's-Cache to Clear Your Browser's Cache and then go back to the forum you have the prob on and see if this helps

the apprentice wrote on Nov 2nd, 2012 at 9:49pm:
-I must add I have just realized the email I sent you has come back: 'delivery time expired'.

ok if you need i will pm you my email and if that dont work i will pm you a new email if you need  Smiley
« Last Edit: Nov 2nd, 2012 at 10:06pm by xnoddyx »  

YaBB install help video
IP Logged

the apprentice

YaBB 2.5.2
Reply #19 - Nov 2nd, 2012 at 9:49pm
Post Tools
Yes I made login and after the login was no navigation bar.
About templates I've controlled if all the files online match with those in the full package distribution and I've discovered a double template in the /template/yabb21/ directory were I have found both yabb21.html and default.html; so i have deleted the last.
Furthermore in the public_html there were some CSS more, that I have removed.

When I have visited the Admin Center I discovered now the template, with al its buttons, displays in the template configuration section and all the settings there, at now, match those in one of my other forum boards (still working).

Anyway the navigation bar still doesn't display at the top, in the forum board index.

-I must add I have just realized the email I sent you has come back: 'delivery time expired'.
« Last Edit: Nov 2nd, 2012 at 9:53pm by the apprentice »  

IP Logged

xnoddyx
Support Team
Documentation Team
YaBB Moderators
YaBB Next Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #18 - Nov 2nd, 2012 at 8:42pm
Post Tools
the apprentice wrote on Nov 2nd, 2012 at 8:30pm:
After having pushed the button, appeared a login button and after the logon the navigation bar has  completely disappeared again! That's incredible!

ok did you login? also do you have more than one template for your forum?

YaBB install help video
IP Logged

the apprentice

YaBB 2.5.2
Reply #17 - Nov 2nd, 2012 at 8:30pm
Post Tools
I'm sorry, maybe I didn't understand because of my poor English.

I have made all, according to your instructions, and surprisingly once opend the FixFile.pl I have notice on the navigation bar only an update button.
After having pushed the button, appeared a login button and after the logon the navigation bar has  completely disappeared again! Smiley
That's incredible!
« Last Edit: Nov 2nd, 2012 at 8:33pm by the apprentice »  

IP Logged

xnoddyx
Support Team
Documentation Team
YaBB Moderators
YaBB Next Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #16 - Nov 2nd, 2012 at 7:40pm
Post Tools
the apprentice wrote on Nov 2nd, 2012 at 7:25pm:
cannot put clear the private data of the users, their messages and any other variable data file

im not asking for that just the YaBB system files
i don't need the /Boards /Members /Messages /Backups /Attachments
but i do need the rest of your yabb forum as to help you fix your forum
but if you still dont feel happy the only thing i can suggest to you is that you go here http://www.yabbforum.com/archives.php down load a new zip of 2.3.1 then upload all files in yabbfiles to your host and then upload
/Admin /Modules /Sources /Templates YaBB.pl AdminIndex.pl FixFile.pl index.html to your yabb2 dir then run FixFile.pl but make a full backup of your forum first and if this is still of no help then you may want to check your .htaccess files and also i will have to pass this on as i can not be of anymore help to you.

hope this of help to you  Smiley

YaBB install help video
IP Logged

the apprentice

YaBB 2.5.2
Reply #15 - Nov 2nd, 2012 at 7:30pm
Post Tools
Anyway I wouldn't be enough clever to do all this Smiley

IP Logged

the apprentice

YaBB 2.5.2
Reply #14 - Nov 2nd, 2012 at 7:25pm
Post Tools
I'm very sorry but I cannot put clear the private data of the users, their messages and any other variable data file, so the only thing I can release are the files from the source, admin, template, language, modules directories.
« Last Edit: Nov 2nd, 2012 at 7:25pm by the apprentice »  

IP Logged

xnoddyx
Support Team
Documentation Team
YaBB Moderators
YaBB Next Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #13 - Nov 2nd, 2012 at 7:16pm
Post Tools
ok this will make halping you very hard but here i go.

ok what is the url of that screenshot as from the look of that you have been hacked ok one way i can help is if you can make a folder on your pc on your pc name it forumbackup then ftp into your host then in in the cgi-bin/
copy yabb2 to forumbackup on your pc then in your html root find yabbfiles and also copy this to forumbackup on your pc then on your pc make a forumbackup.zip and then copy forumbackup to forumbackup.zip then upload this somewhere and pm me here or click the email icon on this post and send me the link so i can fix your forum for you  Smiley

YaBB install help video
IP Logged

the apprentice

YaBB 2.5.2
Reply #12 - Nov 2nd, 2012 at 6:55pm
Post Tools
I'm sorry, I'm sure you are very good person but I cannot give you access to the system.
I'm obliged to the rule of the server provider.
I can send you more foto, or backuped files.
Now I can add a picture showing how it apeared the forum after the attack.
Anyway thanks for your answer
« Last Edit: Nov 2nd, 2012 at 7:06pm by the apprentice »  

foto_home_forum2.jpg ( 320 KB | 63 Downloads )
foto_home_forum2.jpg

IP Logged

xnoddyx
Support Team
Documentation Team
YaBB Moderators
YaBB Next Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #11 - Nov 2nd, 2012 at 6:34pm
Post Tools
the apprentice wrote on Nov 2nd, 2012 at 5:45pm:
Ok, I will send you my template.

Today I have made many attempt to get solution to my problems but without result:
- I have upgraded to 2.5 and then downgraded again to 2.3.1.
- I have uploaded many backups and also tried to change permissions to some files also without result.
- I have tried to talk to the online service of my server provider and restore comprehensive file permissions by means of an automatic tool they provide, but also without result.
- Endly I noticed there are some server error in the latest logs of my site, only a page they allow me to see.

ok from this info it may help more if you can set me up as a admin on the forum and also pm me your ftp logon info so i can see what is going on for you and see about getting you back up and running  Wink

YaBB install help video
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top