Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Navigation bar disappeared in index page (Read 7,987 times)
the apprentice

YaBB 2.5.2
Re: Navigation bar disappeared in index page
Reply #10 - Nov 2nd, 2012 at 5:45pm
Post Tools
Ok, I will send you my template.

Today I have made many attempt to get solution to my problems but without result:
- I have upgraded to 2.5 and then downgraded again to 2.3.1.
- I have uploaded many backups and also tried to change permissions to some files also without result.
- I have tried to talk to the online service of my server provider and restore comprehensive file permissions by means of an automatic tool they provide, but also without result.
- Endly I noticed there are some server error in the latest logs of my site, only a page they allow me to see.

IP Logged

xnoddyx
Support Team
Documentation Team
YaBB Moderators
YaBB Next Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #9 - Nov 2nd, 2012 at 3:12pm
Post Tools
the apprentice wrote on Nov 2nd, 2012 at 3:30am:
Good! It looks I'm OK. Thank you very much for your answer, I installed YaBB in 2003 and I' didn't remember the copyright notice!

The only problem I realize is my notices are outdated:

(1) » Powered by YaBB 2.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.

(2-3)» Powered by YaBB 2.5 AE!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2010. All Rights Reserved.

_Thank you for your answers_, I will try to reinstall the original files, since I don't update the forum from long time ago, because of the lacking of the Italian translation.

sorry for any confusion caused what i meant was as long as the copyright stays intact you are good now all i need is to have a look at the file i asked for or your ftp login info so i can see what is up with your forum and get it fixed for you  Wink

YaBB install help video
1. what yabb forum are you running and the url
2. describe in as much detail as you can what happens and also post screenshots if you can
3. please be patient we live in different time zones and have other commitments but we will help you
as bill and ted say (Be excellent to each other)
IP Logged

the apprentice

YaBB 2.5.2
Reply #8 - Nov 2nd, 2012 at 3:30am
Post Tools
Good! It looks I'm OK. Thank you very much for your answer, I installed YaBB in 2003 and I' didn't remember the copyright notice!

The only problem I realize is my notices are outdated:

(1) » Powered by YaBB 2.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.

(2-3)» Powered by YaBB 2.5 AE!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2010. All Rights Reserved.

_Thank you for your answers_, I will try to reinstall the original files, since I don't update the forum from long time ago, because of the lacking of the Italian translation.

IP Logged

xnoddyx
Support Team
Documentation Team
YaBB Moderators
YaBB Next Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #7 - Nov 2nd, 2012 at 3:07am
Post Tools
the apprentice wrote on Nov 2nd, 2012 at 2:40am:
I'm sorry I have got a doubt. Shouldn't I remove the YABB logo above on the left of the page?
I have seen lot of people do it. Smiley

If so, I can restore it before sending you the template!

you can edit the template as much as you want all that you need to have on the template is
Code
Select All
My Perl YaBB x.x Forum » Powered by YaBB x.x!
 YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2012. All Rights Reserved.

Edited:
if you are still unsure have a look at some of the forums here http://www.yabbforum.com/community/YaBB.pl?board=showcase
« Last Edit: Nov 2nd, 2012 at 3:10am by xnoddyx »  

YaBB install help video
2. describe in as much detail as you can what happens and also post screenshots if you can
3. please be patient we live in different time zones and have other commitments but we will help you
IP Logged

the apprentice

YaBB 2.5.2
Reply #6 - Nov 2nd, 2012 at 2:57am
Post Tools
I have restored the original template but the navigation bar is still away.

Please can you tell me if I have to maintain the yabb logo above on the page?
In that case I would create a new teplate mantaining also the Yabb logo placed above (the one in the foot is still there from the beginning).
Thanks

IP Logged

the apprentice

YaBB 2.5.2
Reply #5 - Nov 2nd, 2012 at 2:40am
Post Tools

I'm sorry I have got a doubt. Shouldn't I remove the YABB logo above on the left of the page?
I have seen lot of people do it. Smiley

If so, I can restore it before sending you the template!

IP Logged

xnoddyx
Support Team
Documentation Team
YaBB Moderators
YaBB Next Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #4 - Nov 2nd, 2012 at 2:18am
Post Tools
ok if you click the   on my post and you can send it to me that way and i will have a look

as you maybe missing a item from it that looks like this
Code
Select All
<table width="100%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0">
      <tr>
            <td class="tabmenuleft" width="40">&nbsp;</td>
            <td class="tabmenu">{yabb tabmenu}</td>
            <td class="tabmenu" valign="top">{yabb tabadd}</td>
            <td class="tabmenu" width="40" valign="top"><div style="float: left; width: 40px; height: 18px; text-align: center; padding-top: 6px; display: inline;">{yabb rss}</div></td>
            <td class="tabmenuright" width="45">&nbsp;</td>
            <td class="rightbox" width="160" valign="top"><div style="float: left; width: 160px; height: 21px; text-align: center; padding-top: 3px; display: inline;">{yabb searchbox}</div></td>
      </tr>
</table>
{yabb addtab} 

but i will also check for some more items that you may need help with

YaBB install help video
IP Logged

the apprentice

YaBB 2.5.2
Reply #3 - Nov 2nd, 2012 at 2:09am
Post Tools
I could send the default template to you but I cannot post it on the board because it contains links to my web-site. Time ago I modified it to place my web site logos, anyway nothing has been recently changed in this page. I have two other forum with the same modified template but they still work.
So I thought about the permissions of some file related to the navigation bar, because today it doesn't display.
About mods I installed someone, but afterwards I updated the forum without caring of them. So I couldn't confirm if at now they are still online.
Thanks

IP Logged

xnoddyx
Support Team
Documentation Team
YaBB Moderators
YaBB Next Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #2 - Nov 2nd, 2012 at 1:52am
Post Tools
Hi the apprentice

in cgi-bin/yabb2/Templates/default/ can you look for default.html then copy this to your pc and rename this to default.txt and post it here so i can have a look at it or pm me your ftp login info and i will se what i can do also has your forum got any mods installed on it ?

YaBB install help video
IP Logged

the apprentice

YaBB 2.5.2
Reply #1 - Nov 2nd, 2012 at 1:37am
Post Tools
I must add another information: in the 'Template configuration' of the 'admin center' I no more see the templates displayed, but I can see it in the style sheet section and here also the navigation bar is displayed in the customization window.

IP Logged

the apprentice

YaBB 2.5.2
Navigation bar disappeared in index page
Nov 2nd, 2012 at 1:16am
Post Tools
Yesterday my Yabb 2.3.1 forum was attacked by a spam search engine. It registered behind a proxy and has produced great troubles.
This morning the forum was down.

First I have re-installed some files and it looks to work but aftewards I realized the navigation bar in the index page had disappeared.
After all this trouble I have reinstalled a forum backup, but the problem is still on and I don't know what can I do.
At now I can enter the admin zone only because I had saved a link, but I cannot achieve the same by the forum-home navigation-bar because all its links have disappeared.
I don't know what can I do.
Anyone can tell me if erroneous permission can prevent the navigation bar display?
What are the files controlling that?
Can be possible something on the server has been changed (my web site profit a shared hosting service)?
Thanks

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top