Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Error Log Corrputed (Read 9,109 times)
Jkulin

Error Log Corrputed
Nov 2nd, 2012 at 4:05pm
Post Tools
Hi,

I wonder if anyone can advise, checking the error log this morning I noticed that it appears to have been corrupted and displays this where the error log usually appears: -

Quote:

Can anyone advise how to rectify this, I've attached a clip from the screen?

Many Thanks

Error.jpg ( 415 KB | 53 Downloads )
Error.jpg

IP Logged

xnoddyx
Support Team
Documentation Team
YaBB Moderators
YaBB Next Team
Beta Testers

None
Re: Error Log Corrputed
Reply #1 - Nov 2nd, 2012 at 4:27pm
Post Tools
ok i am not sure on this but it looks like a bot has tryed to regester with a url in it's name what makes me think this is the .pre at the end of this as this is a members pre registration file but i can't say for certain with out having a look my self.

YaBB install help video
1. what yabb forum are you running and the url
2. describe in as much detail as you can what happens and also post screenshots if you can
3. please be patient we live in different time zones and have other commitments but we will help you
as bill and ted say (Be excellent to each other)
IP Logged

Jkulin

Reply #2 - Nov 2nd, 2012 at 4:34pm
Post Tools
OK, how can I correct, or do you need me to send you a login via a pm?

Thanks.

IP Logged

Dandello
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.1
Reply #3 - Nov 2nd, 2012 at 4:49pm
Post Tools
This is another one of those super-long user-names that causes trouble on older versions of YaBB (that and it has weird characters in it.) The name is so long that the pre file was either not written or mis-written.

xnoddyx should be able to get this one taken care of.

If you only have one solution to a problem you're not trying hard enough!
IP Logged

xnoddyx
Support Team
Documentation Team
YaBB Moderators
YaBB Next Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #4 - Nov 2nd, 2012 at 4:52pm
Post Tools
Jkulin wrote on Nov 2nd, 2012 at 4:34pm:

Thanks.

if i can have admin access to the forum and if i can also get your ftp login info i will see what i can do for you  Wink

YaBB install help video
2. describe in as much detail as you can what happens and also post screenshots if you can
3. please be patient we live in different time zones and have other commitments but we will help you
IP Logged

Jkulin

Reply #5 - Nov 2nd, 2012 at 5:12pm
Post Tools
xnoddyx wrote on Nov 2nd, 2012 at 4:52pm:
Jkulin wrote on Nov 2nd, 2012 at 4:34pm:

Thanks.

if i can have admin access to the forum and if i can also get your ftp login info i will see what i can do for you Wink

Thanks xnoddyx,

Please check your PM's

Appreciate your help.

IP Logged

xnoddyx
Support Team
Documentation Team
YaBB Moderators
YaBB Next Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #6 - Nov 2nd, 2012 at 6:26pm
Post Tools
ok in your errorlog.txt there where 13 bad entries i have removed them for you also in
The Guardian i have turnd on Environment String Blocking and have added the fowling to it for you
coach-jp-bag, japan, jp

also Harvester Blocking and put some items in there for you will also ad it as a Attachment to this post that ia you fixed if you have any more probs just post back  Smiley

Harvester_Blocking_List.txt ( 1 KB | 102 Downloads )

YaBB install help video
IP Logged

Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.5
Reply #7 - Nov 2nd, 2012 at 8:09pm
Post Tools
xnoddyx wrote on Nov 2nd, 2012 at 4:27pm:
ok i am not sure on this but it looks like a bot has tryed to regester with a url in it's name ...

This just happened in our YaBB 2.4 forum earlier today, and I think you're correct, so I appreciate the irony of this discussion. It's actually very helpful.

Before I noticed the corrupted error log, I had deleted a *.pre file directly from the server that I couldn't delete through the Admin Center.

In any case, I simply uploaded a backup of our errorlog.txt file, and that did the trick. I'm guessing I could have uploaded an empty errorlog.txt file, but I don't know if that would have worked.

Morning, noon, or night, have a great one!

Note: This forum doesn't allow for us to freely edit our posts or topics to make corrections as needed, so please remember to look for subsequent posts if you see any mistakes or outdated information. Sorry for the inconvenience.
IP Logged

xnoddyx
Support Team
Documentation Team
YaBB Moderators
YaBB Next Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #8 - Nov 2nd, 2012 at 8:37pm
Post Tools
Bill Myers wrote on Nov 2nd, 2012 at 8:09pm:
xnoddyx wrote on Nov 2nd, 2012 at 4:27pm:
ok i am not sure on this but it looks like a bot has tryed to regester with a url in it's name ...

This just happened in our YaBB 2.4 forum earlier today, and I think you're correct, so I appreciate the irony of this discussion. It's actually very helpful.

Before I noticed the corrupted error log, I had deleted a *.pre file directly from the server that I couldn't delete through the Admin Center.

In any case, I simply uploaded a backup of our errorlog.txt file, and that did the trick. I'm guessing I could have uploaded an empty errorlog.txt file, but I don't know if that would have worked.

ok when you get a corrupted error log and this is all the prob is then you will see items like
Code
Select All
135xxxx515|135xxxxx15|xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx|There is an invalid character detected in the Username, Displayed Name or Email address field!|login2|||テxx螗些`ラx蜘`ツ : http://www.timbxxxots.com/ コーチxx氓 : http://www.xxxxjp.com/ url=http://www.tixxxxxts.com/]xxxーxxxーツ[/url] [url=http://www.tixxxxots.com/]靴xxxx些`ラxxxx/url] url=http://www.tixxxxxots.com/]テxxxxxバーxxx激安/url] [url=

also may have spaces in it between entries just remove all of it save it back and then look for any *.pre that you don't want and you may also find that you have more *.msg files than you do members to clean up after that it should be good to go  Wink

YaBB install help video
IP Logged

Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.5
Reply #9 - Nov 2nd, 2012 at 8:54pm
Post Tools
xnoddyx wrote on Nov 2nd, 2012 at 8:37pm:
ok when you get a corrupted error log and this is all the prob is then ...

That's very helpful.  Smiley

It just occurred to me that I may actually sometimes back up corrupted files since I make regular backups throughout the day when I can. Oh, the irony!

Then again, I generally keep 4 or 5 incremental backups of our forum in case I ever need to go further back with any given file.

Of course, with your instructions, at least with the file in question, I wouldn't even need a backup.  Wink

Morning, noon, or night, have a great one!

Note: This forum doesn't allow for us to freely edit our posts or topics to make corrections as needed, so please remember to look for subsequent posts if you see any mistakes or outdated information. Sorry for the inconvenience.
IP Logged

xnoddyx
Support Team
Documentation Team
YaBB Moderators
YaBB Next Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #10 - Nov 2nd, 2012 at 9:25pm
Post Tools
cool im here to help as for backups in the uk if you hold data that falls under the data protection act you can only keep that data for a maximum of 2 years also for law legal reasoning you have to keep backups of all data that relates to user interaction for 2 years if you do not you are legally liable for that and so on it must also be stored in a secure manner and to add to the data protection act if a uk website has it's server outside of the uk it must also inform all the users of that website if it has personal information stored on it
anyways glad to be of help  Smiley

YaBB install help video
IP Logged

Jkulin

Reply #11 - Nov 3rd, 2012 at 3:02pm
Post Tools
Cheers XNoddyX

I've downloaded the 2.5.2 YAbb file, but you link in your sig seems only for new installations, is there anywhere I can go to find out how to do the upgrade?

IP Logged

xnoddyx
Support Team
Documentation Team
YaBB Moderators
YaBB Next Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #12 - Nov 3rd, 2012 at 3:18pm
Post Tools
i have still to make the a upgrade video  Sad but if you setup a new forum same as the video but set the yabb2 dir as yabb2.5.2 also in the YaBB_2.5.2.zip you will see the Quick-Guide in here look for
Upgrading YaBB 2.4/2.5 this will give you all that you need and any probs you can post back here.

hope this was of help to you  Smiley

YaBB install help video
IP Logged

Jkulin

Reply #13 - Nov 6th, 2012 at 8:23am
Post Tools
Hi xnoddyx again,

The errro log has been corrupt again with the following: -

Quote:
Unable to open /websites/LinuxPackage01/ve/lo/nu/velonuts.co.uk/public_html/cgi-bin/yabb2/Members/[/url]____n_[url=http://www.miumiusushopjp.com/].pre
Verbose: No such file or directory

Can't find anywhere to fix this one, can you advise?

Many Thanks

NB I need a quiet bit of time to upgrade, I did try to install spam fruits and got half way there, but it messed up the layouts, so I figured when I get some time I'll just upgrade.

IP Logged

xnoddyx
Support Team
Documentation Team
YaBB Moderators
YaBB Next Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #14 - Nov 6th, 2012 at 8:53am
Post Tools
Hi Jkulin it will be in the log if you want i can take a look at it for you also at the same time start the upgrade for you if you need just pm me login and ftp info.

YaBB install help video
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top