Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Normal Topic seen this to do with yabb (Read 3,610 times)
xnoddyx
Support Team
Documentation Team
YaBB Moderators
YaBB Next Team
Beta Testers

None
Re: seen this to do with yabb
Reply #2 - Nov 7th, 2012 at 12:23pm
Post Tools
it wasn't so much of the very high standard of design aesthetic it was more the open and honesty of the feedback of it for me and the point of Navigating the admin center is good it may have had work to clean it up but i even still find myself asking where is this part agen and that is why JonB wrote on Nov 7th, 2012 at 5:36am:
almost exactly mirror our plans in 'The Roadmap'

Wink

YaBB install help video
1. what yabb forum are you running and the url
2. describe in as much detail as you can what happens and also post screenshots if you can
3. please be patient we live in different time zones and have other commitments but we will help you
as bill and ted say (Be excellent to each other)
IP Logged

JonB
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.0
Re: seen this to do with yabb
Reply #1 - Nov 7th, 2012 at 5:36am
Post Tools
Thanks for locating that one, Xnoddyx.  Its valuable in several different ways.

A. Its very positive on what we know about YaBB - once it's working, you learn to love all its features.  YaBB is a true master of flexibility.

B. Her comments (while quite gentle) about Installation and Administration make a very valid point. Installation could be easier, and the Admin Center has a lot for new Admins to learn.  Fortunately, those ideas/comments almost exactly mirror our plans in 'The Roadmap'.  Needed: a dead-on installer, and an improved Admin Dashboard.

C. If you look at the author's portfolio, you will see a very high standard of design aesthetic. If she has added YaBB to her toolkit, that is high praise.

I am probably going to contact her.

Thank again.
Cool

I find your lack of faith disturbing.
IP Logged

xnoddyx
Support Team
Documentation Team
YaBB Moderators
YaBB Next Team
Beta Testers

None
seen this to do with yabb
Nov 6th, 2012 at 5:01pm
Post Tools
from: http://www.bluejprojects.com/online-community/wordpress-forum-software-vs-yabb/

Quote:
YABB vs WordPress Forum Plugins: Why I chose YABB for a discussion board

Posted on August 6, 2012

Discussion board, forum, bulletin boards. Whatever you call them, you’re talking about a page where your visitors or members start and reply to topics.

The software you pick has to do a lot besides publish the topics and replies. Think about other features you want like:
■formatting tools for the comments – bold, quote boxes, bullets, etc.
■a way to easily attach files to share
■easy way to add pictures
■easy way to add hyperlinks
■allow different levels of users
■allow users to get email notices of replies
■intuitive layout – easy for forum users to work with

As an administrator, you may also be looking for something that is easy to install and set up and run, something that isn’t expensive to buy and maintain, or something you can manage yourself without much help from webmaster, after setup.

Quick case study

I looked at (and tried some of) the following WordPress bulletin board plugins:
bbPress: It was easy enough to install (WordPress lets you install plugins with a few hand-held clicks). But what this client needed were rich text formatting options, the ability to upload files, and quick setup. There are plugins on this plugin (plugin extensions) to help with that. But I admit, bbPress for me had a steep learning curve in terms of setup. As others have said, it can take a bit more experience to set up.

see link to read more.

YaBB install help video
1. what yabb forum are you running and the url
2. describe in as much detail as you can what happens and also post screenshots if you can
3. please be patient we live in different time zones and have other commitments but we will help you
as bill and ted say (Be excellent to each other)
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top