Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Normal Topic Cannot view boards, but individual threads are fine (Read 1,233 times)
speake
YaBB Newcomer

Cannot view boards, but individual threads are fine
Nov 9th, 2012 at 12:23pm
Post Tools
Hi All,

My YaBB forum (www.zephyrzone.com) has started behaving oddly today.
I can see the home page, and can click on individual threads and view them fine. However, if I try to view individual boards, my browser just sits there trying to connect and nothing happens.

Does anyone have any clues where to start fiddling?

I'm using YaBB 2.5AE, and have tried both Firefox and Chrome browsers. Some users have also reported the same issue to me by email or PM.

Regards

Steve

IP Logged

xnoddyx
Support Team
Documentation Team
YaBB Moderators
YaBB Next Team
Beta Testers

None
Re: Cannot view boards, but individual threads are fine
Reply #1 - Nov 9th, 2012 at 1:04pm
Post Tools
speake wrote on Nov 9th, 2012 at 12:23pm:
Hi All,

My YaBB forum (www.zephyrzone.com) has started behaving oddly today.
I can see the home page, and can click on individual threads and view them fine. However, if I try to view individual boards, my browser just sits there trying to connect and nothing happens.

Does anyone have any clues where to start fiddling?

I'm using YaBB 2.5AE, and have tried both Firefox and Chrome browsers. Some users have also reported the same issue to me by email or PM.

Regards

Steve

do you mean http://www.zephyr-zone.com as www.zephyrzone.com is a unregistered domain
in the admin center can you run Rebuild Message Index and see if this helps
if this dont work can you make a new Categorie say test then in here make a new Board test then make some posts to this and see if this will load from the Board index

YaBB install help video
1. what yabb forum are you running and the url
2. describe in as much detail as you can what happens and also post screenshots if you can
3. please be patient we live in different time zones and have other commitments but we will help you
as bill and ted say (Be excellent to each other)
IP Logged

speake
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #2 - Nov 9th, 2012 at 5:04pm
Post Tools
Yes, I did mean that site - typo on my part.

I'm trying a Rebuild Message Index now....

That's taking a while...

IP Logged

xnoddyx
Support Team
Documentation Team
YaBB Moderators
YaBB Next Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #3 - Nov 9th, 2012 at 5:24pm
Post Tools
speake wrote on Nov 9th, 2012 at 5:04pm:
That's taking a while...

as Rebuilding the Message Index can take a long time in Boards with many Threads
how many Topics do you have and how much time has passed from when you started Rebuilding the Message Index ?

YaBB install help video
2. describe in as much detail as you can what happens and also post screenshots if you can
3. please be patient we live in different time zones and have other commitments but we will help you
IP Logged

speake
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #4 - Nov 9th, 2012 at 5:38pm
Post Tools
Rebuild Message Index keeps timing out.

I've got as far as ~2000 out of >7000 threads on the Rebuild progress.

Now, Rebuild Message index won't even start. After "Click here to start now" my browser just sits at "Connecting".

I've made a new Catergory with a Test board. This shows up in the Home page, but I still can't click on the Test board - browser just sits at "Connecting" until timeout.

The one Board I can enter is Recycle Bin - not sure if that sheds any light on the matter.

Any ideas where to go next will be appreciated.

IP Logged

xnoddyx
Support Team
Documentation Team
YaBB Moderators
YaBB Next Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #5 - Nov 9th, 2012 at 6:00pm
Post Tools
speake wrote on Nov 9th, 2012 at 5:38pm:
Rebuild Message Index keeps timing out.

I've got as far as ~2000 out of >7000 threads on the Rebuild progress.

Now, Rebuild Message index won't even start. After "Click here to start now" my browser just sits at "Connecting".

I've made a new Catergory with a Test board. This shows up in the Home page, but I still can't click on the Test board - browser just sits at "Connecting" until timeout.

The one Board I can enter is Recycle Bin - not sure if that sheds any light on the matter.

Any ideas where to go next will be appreciated.

ok to "Now, Rebuild Message index won't even start. After "Click here to start now" my browser just sits at "Connecting"."
this can happen after a time out and can look like it is just sits at "Connecting" and will stay like this untill the next page update and this can take upto 5 min for this to happen but the forum will be working in the background on Rebuilding Message index as with 7000 threads this will take some time if you're worried about if it is working or not and you may have more than one timeout especially if you are on a busy host.

YaBB install help video
IP Logged

speake
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #6 - Nov 11th, 2012 at 11:04am
Post Tools
Looks like the Rebuild Message Index finally worked. Just checked the forum this morning and all is well again. Host server must have been busy on Friday afternoon.

Thanks for all the help.

IP Logged

xnoddyx
Support Team
Documentation Team
YaBB Moderators
YaBB Next Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #7 - Nov 11th, 2012 at 2:39pm
Post Tools
speake wrote on Nov 11th, 2012 at 11:04am:
Looks like the Rebuild Message Index finally worked. Just checked the forum this morning and all is well again. Host server must have been busy on Friday afternoon.

Thanks for all the help.

it's cool and glad you are full backup and running Wink

YaBB install help video
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top