Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Normal Topic client denied by server configuration (Read 1,075 times)
Dandello
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.0
Re: client denied by server configuration
Reply #3 - Dec 5th, 2012 at 7:16am
Post Tools
Off-Topic replies have been moved to this Topic.

If you only have one solution to a problem you're not trying hard enough!
IP Logged

Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.4
Reply #2 - Dec 3rd, 2012 at 12:21am
Post Tools
louj2004 wrote on Dec 2nd, 2012 at 5:24pm:
My YABB 2.4 forum has been working for many months without problem. However within the last 48 hours it is impossible to access with the following message displayed "Internal Server Error, this is an error with your script, check your error log for more information."

Help! What next?

I'm just throwing this out there in case it applies ...

About a month or so ago I suddenly had this same "Internal Server Error ..." as well when accessing our YaBB 2.4 forum. Of all things, one of the techs told me he thought it could be our server's power source going bad. He rebooted our server, and everything was fine. That is, until a few minutes later when I got the same server error.

This time I checked the other sites on our server, and sure enough, I got the same "Internal Server Error ..." message.

I mentioned what had happened to another tech who read the notes of the previous tech, so he immediately swapped out our server's power source for a new one. That fixed our problem, and it hasn't happened since.

Maybe someone here can tell you why this can happen, but in case this applies to your problem, you may want to bring it up with your host.

Good luck!

P.S. Check to see if you're getting this same error message on your site without accessing your forum. That will tell you a lot.

By the way, according to a couple of our techs, a power source problem can be sporadic, which is an indication that it's about to fail permanently.

Morning, noon, or night, have a great one!

Note: This forum doesn't allow for us to freely edit our posts or topics to make corrections as needed, so please remember to look for subsequent posts if you see any mistakes or outdated information. Sorry for the inconvenience.
IP Logged

xnoddyx
Support Team
Documentation Team
YaBB Moderators
YaBB Next Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #1 - Dec 2nd, 2012 at 6:54pm
Post Tools
Hi louj2004

you say
My YABB 2.4 forum has been working for many months without problem

and then
However within the last 48 hours it is impossible to access with the following message displayed "Internal Server Error, this is an error with your script, check your error log for more information."

have you checked with your host to see if they are having any problems or have carried out any work on your server.
as this looks like the most likely cause of your problem.

YaBB install help video
1. what yabb forum are you running and the url
2. describe in as much detail as you can what happens and also post screenshots if you can
3. please be patient we live in different time zones and have other commitments but we will help you
as bill and ted say (Be excellent to each other)
IP Logged

louj2004
YaBB Newcomer

client denied by server configuration
Dec 2nd, 2012 at 5:24pm
Post Tools
My YABB 2.4 forum has been working for many months without problem. However within the last 48 hours it is impossible to access with the following message displayed "Internal Server Error, this is an error with your script, check your error log for more information." I have checked the error log and the following entry seems to be quite common:-

File does not exist: /domains/f/o/xxx.com/web/public_html/cgi-bin/yabb2/yabb.pl

(please note I have replaced the correct URL and replaced by xxx.com)

I have checked the file and it does exist and its CHMOD is correctly set.

Help! What next?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top