Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Topic Tools
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Re: 500 Error during installation (Read 5,231 times)
westwegoman
Ex Member

YaBB 2.5.2
Re: 500 Error during installation
Reply #15 - Dec 19th, 2012 at 4:34pm
Post Tools
Sorry, I just have to....

Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.4
Re: Fixing YaBB's problems in a timely fashion
Reply #16 - Dec 19th, 2012 at 5:43pm
Post Tools
depablo wrote on Dec 19th, 2012 at 9:54am:
Bill
Have you had any resource allocation problems on your 2.4 forum? I take it the length of time you have been running, it has a fairly large membership?

John, I don't believe I've ever had any resource allocation problems in our forum, and ours is a pretty decent size (our current stats below).

Quote:
We have 7748 registered members.
Our users have made 12841 Posts within 1828 Topics.
Most Users ever online were 3709 on December 1, 2012 at 8:02pm.
Most Members ever online were 44 on October 15, 2012 at 4:16pm.
Most Guests ever online were 3676 on December 1, 2012 at 8:02pm.
Most Search Engine inquiries on-line were 536 on August 22, 2012 at 5:43am.

Plus, spammers hit our forum all the time in large numbers, and that can hog resources as well. Still, our forum operates quite nicely; no resource allocation problems for our 2.4 forum.

There have been discussions in this forum about YaBB being unable to handle larger forums, most notably from The Boy in your neck of the woods who was compelled to move his forum away from YaBB (but his forum is far bigger and busier than the one I operate).

I should point out that he's still a big supporter of YaBB as am I.

WestwegoMan wrote on Dec 19th, 2012 at 4:34pm:
... ...

I know! How many times does this support forum need to be notified of a problem before it does anything about it? Roll Eyes

On the other hand, thankfully, support in this forum has been top notch for its members, so the staff's lack of action to fix things around here can be excused to just one of those things. Besides, evidently behind the scenes, a lot of great work is being done, and that's to be applauded.

Meanwhile, it would be great for the public to have this particular forum operate in a way that's a great showcase for YaBB. I'm looking forward to it. One step at a time.

« Last Edit: Dec 19th, 2012 at 5:45pm by Bill Myers »  

Morning, noon, or night, have a great one!

Note: This forum doesn't allow for us to freely edit our posts or topics to make corrections as needed, so please remember to look for subsequent posts if you see any mistakes or outdated information. Sorry for the inconvenience.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Topic Tools