Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) GET to /cgi-bin/YaBB.pl not supported. (Read 8,061 times)
Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.5
Re: GET to /cgi-bin/YaBB.pl not supported.
Reply #15 - Dec 24th, 2012 at 6:53pm
Post Tools
griswold wrote on Dec 24th, 2012 at 6:37pm:
So updating to 2.5AE won't solve a single thing.  Dang it!!
I sure am glad you folks are testing this stuff out before we upgrade.  Smiley

I just tested our 2.4 forum to see that our PM feature still works as it should (wiping sweat off my brow).

« Last Edit: Dec 24th, 2012 at 6:55pm by Bill Myers »  

Morning, noon, or night, have a great one!

Note: This forum doesn't allow for us to freely edit our posts or topics to make corrections as needed, so please remember to look for subsequent posts if you see any mistakes or outdated information. Sorry for the inconvenience.
IP Logged

griswold

Reply #16 - Dec 24th, 2012 at 8:35pm
Post Tools
If anyone can help me, here is the latest from my HOST:

Server version: Apache/2.2.21 (Unix)
Cpanel::Easy::Apache v3.7.1 rev9999

Hopefully, by providing the above information to YaBB, they should be able to provide you with more information. We are unfamiliar with how YaBB works internally but will be will be happy to make any requested configuration change that YaBB may recommend to you.

IP Logged

griswold

Reply #17 - Dec 24th, 2012 at 11:53pm
Post Tools
Don't know if this will help, but another of our visitors just tried to reset their password and got the same error as follows:

Method Not Implemented
GET to /cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl not supported.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

SO it is not just the PM reading now, it is also resetting of passwords too.

IP Logged

depablo
YaBB Moderators
YaBB Next Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #18 - Dec 25th, 2012 at 7:44am
Post Tools
Attempting to track this down may prove difficult, your host has requested YaBB team members locate the issue. Without server access and taking a look at your configuration this may prove difficult.

Have you a backup of your current forum which you could try on another host? This would prove your YaBB setup is not the problem.

I moved hosts because I could not be bothered answering the multiple questions which inevitably arise when attempting to fix something by a ticket system.

Taking a peek behind the mask Wink

IP Logged

griswold

Reply #19 - Dec 25th, 2012 at 5:23pm
Post Tools
depablo wrote on Dec 25th, 2012 at 7:44am:
Attempting to track this down may prove difficult, your host has requested YaBB team members locate the issue. Without server access and taking a look at your configuration this may prove difficult.

Have you a backup of your current forum which you could try on another host? This would prove your YaBB setup is not the problem.

I moved hosts because I could not be bothered answering the multiple questions which inevitably arise when attempting to fix something by a ticket system.

I have a dedicated server, so if you'd like to take a look, let me know.  I'm paying $200/month, for hosting the FORUM, so if I can't get YaBB working, this is a total waste of money for me at present.

IP Logged

depablo
YaBB Moderators
YaBB Next Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #20 - Dec 25th, 2012 at 5:33pm
Post Tools
griswold wrote on Dec 25th, 2012 at 5:23pm:
I have a dedicated server, so if you'd like to take a look, let me know.  I'm paying $200/month, for hosting the FORUM, so if I can't get YaBB working, this is a total waste of money for me at present.

All I can do is keep bumping this, one of our resident coders may wish to take up the challenge. Trouble is it's christmas and folk may be having a wee drink, hang in there I am sure someone will help, although at $200 per month this is important we reach a solution.
You may wish to do a search for reviews about your host Here

Also this forum is sponsored by UK2 Hosting who are YaBB friendly
« Last Edit: Dec 25th, 2012 at 5:38pm by depablo »  

IP Logged

griswold

Reply #21 - Dec 25th, 2012 at 8:38pm
Post Tools
Thanks to all of you!!  The problem was the MOD_Security. and now the HOST finally acknowledged the problem AFTER i made them register on the FORUM and look at a PM/IM.  Then they acknowledged that they did not "FIX" the mod_security issue that they said that they had originally 'fixed".

So if you host says, "I fixed the mod_security" and you have the same problem....make them register and look at a PM, that will show them that they did not 'fix' the mod_security.

Thanks to everyone listening to my RANTS!!!

IP Logged

depablo
YaBB Moderators
YaBB Next Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #22 - Dec 25th, 2012 at 9:11pm
Post Tools
Good news  Smiley

Any idea what rules they changed, may help others facing this challenge?

IP Logged

JonB
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.1
Reply #23 - Dec 26th, 2012 at 12:46am
Post Tools
Well that is great news! It looks like Santa had to make a detour and leave your host a lump of coal. Cheesy

Happy Holidays & Good Luck with YaBB!

Cool

I find your lack of faith disturbing.
IP Logged

griswold

Reply #24 - Dec 26th, 2012 at 2:37pm
Post Tools
depablo wrote on Dec 25th, 2012 at 9:11pm:
Good news  Smiley

Any idea what rules they changed, may help others facing this challenge?

Not sure and it was my understanding that they 'disabled' it, but then again, I don't believe they would tell me, even if I asked, especially after they first told me that they disabled it and that was not the case at all.  I just got an email from the HOST and they informed me that the technicians initially involved will be 'retrained' after what happened and didn't do what they said they had done.  It was their fault in telling me one thing and doing another, that caused the frustration and prolonged the problem.

IP Logged

depablo
YaBB Moderators
YaBB Next Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #25 - Dec 26th, 2012 at 3:15pm
Post Tools
So you will be receiving credit from your host for your troubles  Wink

IP Logged

griswold

Reply #26 - Dec 26th, 2012 at 7:05pm
Post Tools
depablo wrote on Dec 26th, 2012 at 3:15pm:
So you will be receiving credit from your host for your troubles  Wink

LOL, at $200/month for a dedicated server, it would be nice to get comp'd

IP Logged

griswold

Reply #27 - Dec 26th, 2012 at 9:04pm
Post Tools
well my host screwed me again.  Some idiot installed a backup that I made from November 2011!!

IP Logged

Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.5
Reply #28 - Dec 26th, 2012 at 9:31pm
Post Tools
griswold wrote on Dec 26th, 2012 at 9:04pm:
well my host screwed me again.  Some idiot installed a backup that I made from November 2011!!

I realize this probably won't make you feel any better, but I'm hoping you have a local backup of your forum to restore how it's supposed to be; at least your forum's messages/posts, and a listing of all of your members who've registered over the last year.

I'm also thinking you might want to pay less for the monthly cost of your server, either with your same host, or with another host (such as UK2.net that this forum uses).

Good luck!

If it's any consolation, I probably need to take my own advice because I'm paying $99 a month for our dedicated server, which these days is probably a higher amount than I should be paying (particularly since virtual servers seem to be the smart way to go; at least until production is at an all-time high for us, if or when that happens again).

Ironically, the host I use actually has a lower monthly fee on servers that have more than what our server has; long story ... I know, silly me for not looking into this, and addressing it appropriately. But to be frank, the host I use has been so good to our company's needs over the years that I'm paying more than I should to kind of show them how much I appreciate all that they've done. I guess I can consider it a generous tip for good service.

I can kind of be a softy sometimes, and in this case not a particularly good businessman because of it. But some things are more important than money, which is kind of how I've been justifying it all. Besides, what I've been paying for a number of years is far less than what I used to pay.

Morning, noon, or night, have a great one!

Note: This forum doesn't allow for us to freely edit our posts or topics to make corrections as needed, so please remember to look for subsequent posts if you see any mistakes or outdated information. Sorry for the inconvenience.
IP Logged

griswold

Reply #29 - Apr 10th, 2013 at 11:59am
Post Tools
Wouldn't know it, lightning strikes in the same place twice.  My host again changed my MOD_security without telling me and I get the same problems.  After telling them the problem again and what to do, they are making me jump through the same !@#$%#@$ hoops again. 

I need a new host that can handle our bandwidth!!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top