Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Converting 2.5 to 2.5.2 without losing settings (Read 9,778 times)
depablo
YaBB Moderators
YaBB Next Team
Beta Testers

None
Re: Converting 2.5 to 2.5.2 without losing settings
Reply #105 - Jan 11th, 2013 at 9:42pm
Post Tools
dave1111 wrote on Jan 11th, 2013 at 9:34pm:
it looks like the ._StopForumSpamLog.pl has a period "." and an underscore "_" in the front of it.....

is this right or should I remove it?

Fresh download shows filename StopForumSpamLog.pl (no dots or dashes), looks like file is corrupted.

Taking a peek behind the mask Wink

IP Logged

Dandello
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.1
Reply #106 - Jan 11th, 2013 at 10:07pm
Post Tools
dave1111 wrote on Jan 11th, 2013 at 9:19pm:
Here is an interesting question..............

My file StopForumSpamLog.pl as an example is located on my hard drive in this location
upgrade yabb/cgi-bin/yabb2/Admin

and StopForumSpam.pl is located here
upgrade yabb/cgi-bin/yabb2/Sources

now in the boardMod v2.5.6... the path to yabb.pl is as follows.

upgrade yabbYaBB_2.5.2cgi-binyabb2YaBB.

These locations are different.   is this a problem?  could this be the error?

Yes, that's a problem.  When using the the file browser in BoardMod, you may have selected the wrong folder. 'yabb/YaBB_2.5.2/cgi-bin' is not the same folder as 'yabb/cgi-bin/yabb2'

If you only have one solution to a problem you're not trying hard enough!
IP Logged

dave1111

None
Reply #107 - Jan 11th, 2013 at 10:43pm
Post Tools
depablo

yes I was agreeing with you on the forum URL...not debating Smiley

IP Logged

dave1111

None
Reply #108 - Jan 12th, 2013 at 1:15am
Post Tools
depablo

dave1111 wrote Yesterday at 9:34pm:
it looks like the ._StopForumSpamLog.pl has a period "." and an underscore "_" in the front of it.....

is this right or should I remove it?

Fresh download shows filename StopForumSpamLog.pl (no dots or dashes), looks like file is corrupted.

i re-uploaded the file and got some interesting results.  as you can see from theh screen shot I got a new tab!!! yeahg!!! however it is just that .. just a atab and an empty shell.... based on this can you tell what file is not good? or what file I need to upload again?

mod8.gif ( 143 KB | 55 Downloads )
mod8.gif

IP Logged

xnoddyx
Support Team
Documentation Team
YaBB Moderators
YaBB Next Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #109 - Jan 12th, 2013 at 1:37am
Post Tools
dave1111 wrote on Jan 12th, 2013 at 1:15am:
i re-uploaded the file and got some interesting results.  as you can see from theh screen shot I got a new tab!!! yeahg!!! however it is just that .. just a atab and an empty shell.... based on this can you tell what file is not good? or what file I need to upload again?

i have had a look at your forum this is some of the items i was doing as i sent in the IM

ok what i see with the SFS mod is that there is parts missing as you have seen for your self i will get to that in a min  Smiley

ok i have had a look two items i seen was that when you did the update
i don't think you had looked at the Quick-Guide part for
Upgrading Your 2.4/2.5 Forum

this part
Quote:
◦If you have any special template files, you may wish to upload those files also, but they may need some modification before they will work properly with YaBB 2.5.2.
The honeypot anti-spam feature requires
.green {
display:none;
}

so i made the edit for you also as you have the BlackNoir Template there was a edit to be made to that as well Templates/BlackNoir/BoardIndex.template
the edit was for SFS
from
Code
Select All
		<div class="small" style="float: left; width: 90%; text-align: left;">
		$boardindex_txt{'800'} <b>{yabb mostusers}</b> $maintxt{'30'} {yabb mostusersdate}.<br />
		$boardindex_txt{'801'} <b>{yabb mostmembers}</b> $maintxt{'30'} {yabb mostmembersdate}.<br />
		$boardindex_txt{'802'} <b>{yabb mostguests}</b> $maintxt{'30'} {yabb mostguestsdate}.<br />
		$boardindex_txt{'803'} <b>{yabb mostbots}</b> $maintxt{'30'} {yabb mostbotsdate}.
		</div> 

to

Code
Select All
		<div class="small" style="float: left; width: 59%; text-align: left;">
		$boardindex_txt{'800'} <b>{yabb mostusers}</b> $maintxt{'30'} {yabb mostusersdate}.<br />
		$boardindex_txt{'801'} <b>{yabb mostmembers}</b> $maintxt{'30'} {yabb mostmembersdate}.<br />
		$boardindex_txt{'802'} <b>{yabb mostguests}</b> $maintxt{'30'} {yabb mostguestsdate}.<br />
		$boardindex_txt{'803'} <b>{yabb mostbots}</b> $maintxt{'30'} {yabb mostbotsdate}.
		</div>
		<div class="small" style="float: left; width: 40%; text-align: left;">
		{yabb sfs_statistics}
		</div> 

ok when you was using boardmod the mod file you was using was it the StopForumSpam_Mod_V0_6.mod or was it the StopForumSpam_Mod_V0_6_252.mod
why i am asking is

dave1111 wrote on Jan 12th, 2013 at 1:15am:
just a atab and an empty shell

YaBB install help video
1. what yabb forum are you running and the url
2. describe in as much detail as you can what happens and also post screenshots if you can
3. please be patient we live in different time zones and have other commitments but we will help you
as bill and ted say (Be excellent to each other)
IP Logged

dave1111

None
Reply #110 - Jan 12th, 2013 at 12:47pm
Post Tools
xnoddyx

i thought I was using both VO_6 and VO_6_252.   I downloaded and uzipped both.

Ok after re-reading this entire topic, let me ask a question, something I seem to be confused about......

When upgrading from 2.5AE to 2.5.2 AND at the same time adding SFS mod am i supposed to download my forum to my computer in full AND download the zipped files and unzip them to the SAME directory?.... then at tha tpiont run the board mod that pints to the yuabb.pl file in that same DIR?

is this what I am missing?

OR

am i supposed to upgrade FIRST to 2.5.2, THEN download my forum, in full to a specific DIR and then run the board mod...then re-upload?

dave

IP Logged

dave1111

None
Reply #111 - Jan 12th, 2013 at 12:56pm
Post Tools
OK, again i am extremely confused...........
I have tried starting over again  from a certain point.

on the board mod, where is the "path to script" supposed to point to?  I was told to point it to Yabb.pl.... is this correct?

IP Logged

dave1111

None
Reply #112 - Jan 12th, 2013 at 1:23pm
Post Tools
After reviewing the board mod, it looks like I only have 1 mod in there and that is 252 mod.. I have been trying to get the other mod into the board mod so i can check the check box and install he mod.  However i am unable to get the VO_6 to show up in the board mod. I unzipped it in the same DIR  that my cgi-bin/yabb2/admin folder is in.   cgi-bin/yabb2/admin is where my yabb2.pl file is and where my board mod is pointing to for the yabb2.pl file.

What am i doing wrong?

IP Logged

dave1111

None
Reply #113 - Jan 12th, 2013 at 1:27pm
Post Tools
I also  can not find the text file instructions to install this SFS mod... can anyone help me find theses. I want to look at them again to make sure my chmod are correct for SFS.pl files

IP Logged

westwegoman
Ex Member

YaBB 2.5.2
Reply #114 - Jan 12th, 2013 at 1:46pm
Post Tools
dave1111 wrote on Jan 12th, 2013 at 12:47pm:
am i supposed to upgrade FIRST to 2.5.2, THEN download my forum, in full to a specific DIR and then run the board mod...then re-upload?

Exactly. You will want to upgrade first then download your forum to a directory on your computer, and run boardmod. You will then upload any modified files as well as any files that come with the mod.

dave1111 wrote on Jan 12th, 2013 at 12:56pm:
on the board mod, where is the "path to script" supposed to point to?  I was told to point it to Yabb.pl.... is this correct?

Yes. It will point to the YaBB.pl in the directory that you place your files to be edited.

dave1111 wrote on Jan 12th, 2013 at 1:23pm:
After reviewing the board mod, it looks like I only have 1 mod in there and that is 252 mod..

Thats the only actual .mod file you need. You will need the files from the other zip (except the mod file) to be uploaded to their respective directories.

yabbfiles/Templates/Admin/default/admincatbg.gif
yabbfiles/Templates/Forum/default/sfs.png
cgi-bin/Admin/StopForumSpamLog.pl
cgi-bin/Languages/English/StopForumSpam.lng
cgi-bin/Sources/StopForumSpam.pl

dave1111 wrote on Jan 12th, 2013 at 1:27pm:
I also  can not find the text file instructions to install this SFS mod... can anyone help me find theses. I want to look at them again to make sure my chmod are correct for SFS.pl files

The actual post located here will have the same instructions that are within the .mod file. You can view them within the mod file if you want by opening the file with a text editor, but you don't really need to since they are also in the post at boardmod.org. As far as permissions, it doesn't give special instructions on that so the files may be ok as written as long as .pl files are uploaded in ascii and any images in binary.

Sounds like you are getting close to the hang of it. Smiley

Good luck Smiley
« Last Edit: Jan 12th, 2013 at 1:50pm by WestwegoMan »  

IP Logged

dave1111

None
Reply #115 - Jan 12th, 2013 at 3:11pm
Post Tools
maybe that wa my problem. I was trying to upgrade AND installt he mod at the SAME time... let me try upgrading first...

Iwill let you know..

thanks

BTW hope your eyes are OK

dave

IP Logged

dave1111

None
Reply #116 - Jan 12th, 2013 at 3:20pm
Post Tools
no wait. i confused myself. i already upgraded and then tried the mods....

I will try the mods from scratch again. My board already says I am using version 2.5.2

IP Logged

dave1111

None
Reply #117 - Jan 12th, 2013 at 3:28pm
Post Tools
WAIT i have an important question!

I just unzipped the SFS mod in its own folder.  it unzipped into multiple folders including _MACOSX, CGI-BIN,HTML_ROOT AND OF COURSE THE .MOD FOLDer

My question is with all these files I now have on my computer ( from the unzip of the mod) am I supposed to  STILL download my board to make these changes from the board mod OR do i just make the changes to what the mod unzipped to and then upload those changes??

dave

IP Logged

dave1111

None
Reply #118 - Jan 12th, 2013 at 3:38pm
Post Tools
I am doing my best to get this done but I just cant find the answers.. yes I am looking at pages i have been reffered too as you can see from many of my previoud posts and this one right here....

this page http://www.boardmod.org/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1315522544 says the following

Installation:
----------------
1) Modify YaBB files using BoardMod or manually.
2) Upload modified files to your server in ASCII mode.
3) Upload StopForumSpam.pl and StopForumSpam.lng to their relevant directories in ASCII mode.
4) Upload admincatbg.gif and sfs.png to their relevant directories in binary mode.
5) Go to Admin Center - Antispam Settings - StopForumSpam to configure the settings.

it does not say if I need to download my CURRENT yabb folder on my server to my computer here BEFORE unzippnig the mod file............ OR   ............ do I need to unzip the mod file and THEN download the cgi-bin/yabb2 folder

people hav been telling me to download first then re-upload... these instruction mention none of this

My problem is this........... I can not find a YABB.PL file in the unzipped Mod files anywhere.. am i looking in the wrong place? so i dont know where I am supposed to point my board mod to

\I wish the instructions were more detailed.  I have been trying to install this since Jan 6th....  been 6 days. I dont knwo why this is so difficult

IP Logged

dave1111

None
Reply #119 - Jan 12th, 2013 at 3:41pm
Post Tools
http://www.boardmod.org/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1315522544

this page does not help me.. I have been looking at it for 6 days.

it will only help those who have great experience with installing mods.. it is useless for the newbie...

sorry, just my opinion

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top