Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Search Feature (Read 4,627 times)
Dandello
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.0
Re: Search Feature
Reply #25 - Jan 12th, 2013 at 8:45pm
Post Tools
Board alerts work here, topic alerts don't. My suspicion is that is has to do with the code that makes the dropdown topic tools box as I had trouble getting it to work right for 2.5.4 (which is why there's no topic tools dropdown box over there.)

If you only have one solution to a problem you're not trying hard enough!
IP Logged

xnoddyx
Support Team
Documentation Team
YaBB Moderators
YaBB Next Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #24 - Jan 12th, 2013 at 8:20pm
Post Tools
i just tested this profile agen and it is not working as well but but with work on 2.5.4 looking good so hopefully we will have a replacement for here in the nearer future so it is test test test just now i have stuf i want to test but can't do it just now  Sad

YaBB install help video
1. what yabb forum are you running and the url
2. describe in as much detail as you can what happens and also post screenshots if you can
3. please be patient we live in different time zones and have other commitments but we will help you
as bill and ted say (Be excellent to each other)
IP Logged

westwegoman
Ex Member

None
Reply #23 - Jan 12th, 2013 at 7:56pm
Post Tools
xnoddyx wrote on Jan 12th, 2013 at 7:53pm:
yer dont seem to be working on my new profile.

Maybe its a issue where it works for moderators and up.

<div class=

IP Logged

xnoddyx
Support Team
Documentation Team
YaBB Moderators
YaBB Next Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #22 - Jan 12th, 2013 at 7:53pm
Post Tools
yer dont seem to be working on my new profile.

YaBB install help video
2. describe in as much detail as you can what happens and also post screenshots if you can
3. please be patient we live in different time zones and have other commitments but we will help you
IP Logged

Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.4
Reply #21 - Jan 12th, 2013 at 7:14pm
Post Tools
WestwegoMan wrote on Jan 12th, 2013 at 7:00pm:
They work for me but using the "add topic notification" within the "topic tools" at top of each thread doesn't.

Yep, that's it in a nutshell. I think this may have been reported a couple of years ago.

John, YaBB Next Edition isn't exactly a shining example of how well YaBB works. Cheesy

Edited:
What's probably happening with at least some of us is that we already have this topic set to be notified, in which case this option may seem not to work.

In other words, a check may be in the box that reads, "You already have notification set for all new posts in this board!"

Even still, notifications could use some tweaking.  Wink

YaBB 2.4 notifications work much better than YaBB's Next Edition.
« Last Edit: Jan 12th, 2013 at 7:24pm by Bill Myers »  

Morning, noon, or night, have a great one!

Note: This forum doesn't allow for us to freely edit our posts or topics to make corrections as needed, so please remember to look for subsequent posts if you see any mistakes or outdated information. Sorry for the inconvenience.
IP Logged

xnoddyx
Support Team
Documentation Team
YaBB Moderators
YaBB Next Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #20 - Jan 12th, 2013 at 7:13pm
Post Tools
WestwegoMan wrote on Jan 12th, 2013 at 7:00pm:
They work for me but using the "add topic notification" within the "topic tools" at top of each thread doesn't.In other words, If I forget to check the box within the post when i'm making it, I have to go back and do a edit to add it.

Huh i think i will make a test profile up and see if it will work on there as i am sure i am using the "add topic notification" within the "topic tools" at top of each thread.

YaBB install help video
IP Logged

westwegoman
Ex Member

None
Reply #19 - Jan 12th, 2013 at 7:00pm
Post Tools
xnoddyx wrote on Jan 12th, 2013 at 6:51pm:
and yes topic notification work for me see pic some endup in my spam box though.

xnoddyx wrote on Jan 12th, 2013 at 7:45am:
ok if you look at the top of this for topic tools click this then click Add Topic Notification

They work for me but using the "add topic notification" within the "topic tools" at top of each thread doesn't.

In other words, If I forget to check the box within the post when i'm making it, I have to go back and do a edit to add it.
« Last Edit: Jan 12th, 2013 at 7:01pm by WestwegoMan »  
<div class=

IP Logged

xnoddyx
Support Team
Documentation Team
YaBB Moderators
YaBB Next Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #18 - Jan 12th, 2013 at 6:51pm
Post Tools
sorry what i posted was to add to your post not dismiss it or undermine it as after you set yes you then have to do what i posted
Code
Select All
Post and Board Notifications: If you check this, you will see an additional Popup alert when you visit the Board Index if you have New Board or Post Notifications.

Notify me of new Notifications by eMail? No/Yes 

and yes topic notification work for me see pic some endup in my spam box though.

yfbn.jpg ( 150 KB | 57 Downloads )
yfbn.jpg

YaBB install help video
IP Logged

Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.4
Reply #17 - Jan 12th, 2013 at 6:36pm
Post Tools
WestwegoMan wrote on Jan 12th, 2013 at 11:25am:
Xnoddyx, I think the add topic notification does not work in this forum. At least for me it doesn't.

That's correct.

Edited:
There are workarounds to get notifications for topics, i.e., topic notification isn't working like it's supposed to, but depending on where you are in the forum, you can still get notifications.

This is one of the bugs that YaBB Next Edition has that evidently can't/won't be fixed; like navigation that doesn't work properly. I think I remember reading a notice from JonB that both he and Dandello are working to fix these bugs, but they obviously still exist.

It's been a couple of years now, but one of these days YaBB will get around to installing a properly working and stable version for this forum to use. Evidently, this particular install/fix is very complicated, so nobody's really figured out how to do it yet.

Maybe a new appreciation for newbies will come out of all this mess. Even YaBB experts can't seem to figure it all out. Interesting irony; weird karma; a teaching moment; whatever.

« Last Edit: Jan 12th, 2013 at 6:49pm by Bill Myers »  

Morning, noon, or night, have a great one!

Note: This forum doesn't allow for us to freely edit our posts or topics to make corrections as needed, so please remember to look for subsequent posts if you see any mistakes or outdated information. Sorry for the inconvenience.
IP Logged

westwegoman
Ex Member

None
Reply #16 - Jan 12th, 2013 at 11:25am
Post Tools
xnoddyx wrote on Jan 12th, 2013 at 7:45am:
donjusko wrote on Jan 12th, 2013 at 7:25am:
There is no "yes"
(this is checked) Check this if you wish to be notified of replies to this topic.
The counter for Bill and myself is stuck.
The forum doesn't show all the posts while I'm posting. Sometimes you have to go back and look at a post so you don't have to re-modify.

ok if you look at the top of this for topic tools click this then click Add Topic Notification

Edited:
Xnoddyx, I think the "add topic notification" button at the top of threads within "topic tools" does not work in this forum. At least for me it doesn't.

I think he misunderstood me. I was trying to tell him to set notifications in his user CP of his profile section in this forum.

Hope I made sense. Cheesy
« Last Edit: Jan 12th, 2013 at 6:59pm by WestwegoMan »  
<div class=

IP Logged

xnoddyx
Support Team
Documentation Team
YaBB Moderators
YaBB Next Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #15 - Jan 12th, 2013 at 7:45am
Post Tools
donjusko wrote on Jan 12th, 2013 at 7:25am:
There is no "yes"
(this is checked) Check this if you wish to be notified of replies to this topic.
The forum doesn't show all the posts while I'm posting. Sometimes you have to go back and look at a post so you don't have to re-modify.

YaBB install help video
IP Logged

xnoddyx
Support Team
Documentation Team
YaBB Moderators
YaBB Next Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #14 - Jan 12th, 2013 at 7:40am
Post Tools
donjusko wrote on Jan 12th, 2013 at 6:22am:
and make you an Admin, I'm not sure of how yet

ok goto admin > Member Controls > View/Delete Members > find my user name click on it > then click on Modify > Preferences > Position:
or goto Members >  find my user name click on it > then click on Modify > Preferences > Position:

I sort of remember I had two choices adjusting the forum, working from the forum links or working from the code, I assume they were on line. There was one called .pl and .settings and more that I'll get into when I see them.

ok i know what you mean now for the yabb you have there was .cgi or .pl
the one you have is the .cgi the files you a talking about are YaBB.cgi and Settings.pl you can see them in ftp this is how you uploaded them

Something happened to my Smilies and I just let it go.

i just did a test and Smilies was working for me.

YaBB install help video
IP Logged

donjusko
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #13 - Jan 12th, 2013 at 7:25am
Post Tools
There is no "yes"
« Last Edit: Jan 12th, 2013 at 7:30am by donjusko »  

IP Logged

westwegoman
Ex Member

None
Reply #12 - Jan 12th, 2013 at 6:32am
Post Tools
User CP > Profile > Options

Set "Notify me of new Notifications by eMail?" To "yes" to receive email notifications.

<div class=

IP Logged

donjusko
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #11 - Jan 12th, 2013 at 6:22am
Post Tools
I sort of remember I had two choices adjusting the forum, working from the forum links or working from the code, I assume they were on line. There was one called .pl and .settings and more that I'll get into when I see them. Maybe I won't have to dicker with the new version, maybe everything is perfect as is and can be done from Admin. I don't remember what I did to my version and it's been years since I worked on it. Something happened to my Smilies and I just let it go. The same with being able to set files to Sticky. I have a link tester and the forum does terrible. My site only has one bad link and I don't know how to find the problem or I'd fix that one too.

I'll sent you the FTP info in an IM and make you an Admin, I'm not sure of how yet, I've never had another Admin. Thanks for putting up with me. Don

PS, I'm not getting notices from this forum when there is a new post here, I'm just keeping the site loaded in my browser and refreshing it.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top