Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Normal Topic wHERE ARE yabb FILES SUPPOASED TO BE? (Read 795 times)
dave1111

None
wHERE ARE yabb FILES SUPPOASED TO BE?
Jan 10th, 2013 at 5:07pm
Post Tools
HI,

For some reason I seem to have 2 yabb directories and I dont know which one I am supposed to use.

When My board opens up online, it opens up here, mcrmysoldiers.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl and this is where ALL links point to.

but I seem to have another Yabb directory in a completely different area on my server... located here
mcrmysoldiers.com    mychemicalromance    board   cgibin yabb2  YaBB.pl
and
also here
mcrmysoldiers.com  mychemicalromance  board  yabbfiles which then brakes down to other folders such as attachments, avatars, buttons, grey box erc.

I need to make a copy of my YABB because I want to upgrade to 2.5.2 and just in case I want to have a back up.

Which directory am I supposed to back up and are all of these directories being used?

so confused....

thanks

IP Logged

Dandello
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.1
Re: wHERE ARE yabb FILES SUPPOASED TO BE?
Reply #1 - Jan 10th, 2013 at 8:54pm
Post Tools
YaBB graphics, attachments, and the javascripts are stored in 'yabbfiles'
Your forum's URL is mcrmysoldiers.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl but the files are actually on the server at 'mcrmysoldiers.com    mychemicalromance    board   cgibin yabb2'

Go to save yourself some hassles, go to your Admin Center and go down to 'YaBB Backups'
Click on YaBB Backups and check 'all' on directories to backup. Lower on the page should be checkboxes for what backup utilities and compression modes are available on your server. There's also a spot for you to double check the location and permissions of your backup directory (where YaBB will write your backup.)

Choose a backup method and save your settings.
Then go back and create your backup. This will automatically put your forum in Maintenance mode and depending on the backup utility available to you, it may take some time.

Once the backup is done, you can download it to your computer for safekeeping. Also double-check to make sure your backup is good by opening up the archive and making sure everything's okay.

You can also do a backup via FTP if you're not sure about these things - make a storage directory on your harddrive, put your forum into Maintenance Mode and just download everything in the directories 'yabbfiles' and 'cgi-bin/yabb2' into that directory. But using YaBB backup is much easier. Also your host may have a backup utility you can use.

If you only have one solution to a problem you're not trying hard enough!
IP Logged

xnoddyx
Support Team
Documentation Team
YaBB Moderators
YaBB Next Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #2 - Jan 10th, 2013 at 8:57pm
Post Tools
Hi dave1111

if you want i can have a look for you to check that your forum is not loading files from the other Dir's that you seem to have if you do PM me your ftp login info also admin login info or Email them to me.

YaBB install help video
1. what yabb forum are you running and the url
2. describe in as much detail as you can what happens and also post screenshots if you can
3. please be patient we live in different time zones and have other commitments but we will help you
as bill and ted say (Be excellent to each other)
IP Logged

dave1111

None
Reply #3 - Jan 11th, 2013 at 8:52pm
Post Tools
do you know anythign about stopforimspam.mod?
I am hoping while you are in the site you can see what is wrong... I uploaded everything to the server but the mod is not showing up in the yabb admin

IP Logged

xnoddyx
Support Team
Documentation Team
YaBB Moderators
YaBB Next Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #4 - Jan 11th, 2013 at 11:40pm
Post Tools
i will have a look and see what i can for
Quote:
mod is not showing

there can be one of many reasons why file not uploaded code missing or in the wrong places

YaBB install help video
2. describe in as much detail as you can what happens and also post screenshots if you can
3. please be patient we live in different time zones and have other commitments but we will help you
IP Logged

xnoddyx
Support Team
Documentation Team
YaBB Moderators
YaBB Next Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #5 - Jan 12th, 2013 at 1:28am
Post Tools
i will post this to the Converting 2.5 to 2.5.2 without losing settings as that is where you have been posting most about this

YaBB install help video
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools