Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Normal Topic Boards displaying "N/A" after Rebuild Message Index (Read 384 times)
Aviator123
YaBB Newcomer

None
Boards displaying "N/A" after Rebuild Message Index
Feb 4th, 2013 at 6:56pm
Post Tools
I am an Admin for a YaBB 2.5AE forum and relatively inexperienced in running it.

Yesterday a number of members became 'shells' for no apparent reason.

Today after one member posted on one of the boards it displayed that member as an 'Ex Member' and this message came up when the post was clicked "Unable to open ./Boards/.txt
Verbose: No such file or directory"

I then clicked 'Rebuild Message Index' resulting in 9 out of 12 of the boards becoming empty and displaying N/A.

Any help in retrieving all posts in the boards would be appreciated.

I have a feeling the problems may be related to being near the limit of the host server. If so, what is the most effective way to reduce the size of the forum? I have already deleted a number of posts and the forum smaller than it has been previously so I am quite confused.

Thanks

IP Logged

Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.4
Re: Boards displaying "N/A" after Rebuild Message Index
Reply #1 - Feb 4th, 2013 at 7:20pm
Post Tools
Aviator123 wrote on Feb 4th, 2013 at 6:56pm:
Yesterday a number of members became 'shells' for no apparent reason.

This topic may be of some help, particularly Dandello's posts including this one.

I doubt the size of your forum is the problem, but rather as I'm surmising, backups are taking up too much space, and extra backups need to be deleted (and saved locally as desired).

Good luck!

Morning, noon, or night, have a great one!

Note: This forum doesn't allow for us to freely edit our posts or topics to make corrections as needed, so please remember to look for subsequent posts if you see any mistakes or outdated information. Sorry for the inconvenience.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top