Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Normal Topic Proritizing YaBB's to do list (Read 1,393 times)
Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.4
Proritizing YaBB's to do list
Feb 10th, 2013 at 3:36am
Post Tools
Dandello wrote on Feb 9th, 2013 at 9:27pm:
It would be great to have more coders and more testers.

I agree. That would be terrific. Thankfully, YaBB has you watching over its development now, and working on it too of course, so for that I'm very grateful.

I actually don't think there needs to be a rush to get a new version of YaBB out. After all, YaBB's most stable version seems to be pretty great, and I know the version 2.4 that I use is perfect to compliment the site it's on.

I think there is one step that is far more important than further developing YaBB. The perception of YaBB being truly back on track, and ready to move forward with its development would be to upgrade this chat and support forum with a stable version of YaBB that can proudly showcase how great this forum software really is (maybe use 2.5.2 or 2.5.4 if that's reaonably stable).

Instead, for an unreasonably long time now, YaBB has been showcasing YaBB Next Edition, which has its problems. It makes no sense for YaBB's support forum to be using a buggy version.

A rethinking of priorities might be in order; pretty please. Wink

Morning, noon, or night, have a great one!

Note: This forum doesn't allow for us to freely edit our posts or topics to make corrections as needed, so please remember to look for subsequent posts if you see any mistakes or outdated information. Sorry for the inconvenience.
IP Logged

Dandello
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.1
Re: Proritizing YaBB's to do list
Reply #1 - Feb 10th, 2013 at 4:59am
Post Tools
Bill, you've been reading our minds. Seriously - part of the plan is to get YaBBForum running a current version of YaBB so it can showcase all the great features YaBB has. The sticking point up until now has been that Next has some additional data structures that need to be fully accommodated. So a roll back to 2.5.2 or earlier just isn't possible. (If it were, we'd already be running it here.)

But, things are looking good for 2.5.4. And we're listening to the comments of what things big board admins want and need to make administering their forums easier.

3.0/Next had/has some great features that are absolutely necessary necessary for YaBB to properly move forward. And it takes time and testing to get everything working right - not because of bad code, but simply because of the complexity of the project.

If you only have one solution to a problem you're not trying hard enough!
IP Logged

Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.4
Re: Proritizing YaBB's to do list
Reply #2 - Feb 10th, 2013 at 6:43am
Post Tools
Thanks for sharing this good news, and for working to make YaBB even better than it already is. I really appreciate it.

Morning, noon, or night, have a great one!

Note: This forum doesn't allow for us to freely edit our posts or topics to make corrections as needed, so please remember to look for subsequent posts if you see any mistakes or outdated information. Sorry for the inconvenience.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo