Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Normal Topic Undefined error? (Read 960 times)
Dandello
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.1
Re: Undefined error?
Reply #5 - Mar 2nd, 2013 at 3:41am
Post Tools
Excellent Smiley

If you only have one solution to a problem you're not trying hard enough!
IP Logged

fostervs
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #4 - Mar 1st, 2013 at 6:41pm
Post Tools
I figured it out. By accident.

I have been manually adding email domains to email_domain_filter.txt, as it is easier for me.

Somehow I deleted the trailing " after my list of blocked email domains.

After I added it back, all is well.

IP Logged

Derek Barnstorm
Support Team
YaBB Next Team
Development Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #3 - Feb 28th, 2013 at 6:29pm
Post Tools
Hi fostervs,

I don't think this will be of any help but it's worth checking anyway... Make sure that the error language file isn't corrupt and has the correct permissions:

Languages/English/Error.lng

It obviously won't fix your issue, but without seeing what the error is, it's virtually impossible to see what is going on.
« Last Edit: Feb 28th, 2013 at 6:30pm by Derek Barnstorm »  

IP Logged

fostervs
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #2 - Feb 28th, 2013 at 5:24pm
Post Tools
Dandello wrote on Feb 28th, 2013 at 6:22am:
It's the changes you don't know about that get you - Windows servers are notorious for not giving users useful information about errors.

However, you might want to check whether or not you're running out of room on the server. When YaBB runs out of room, member files get emptied and the forum basically locks up.

If you've got room, check for corrupted files, especially things like the memberinfo and memberlist files, and the board control files. Beyond that, see if your host or IT manager made any changes to the server, like new security protocols  or even change in the Perl installation.

Server shows 103GB free.

I have ran all the rebuilds, recounts and cleans in maintenance, problem remains.

I am basically the all-around computer/electronics tech here, including the management of this server. The Perl install is as it was when I installed YaBB, and it isn't used for anything else.

I am likely going to back up the BBS, reinstall a clean one and see if it functions normally, then go from there.

IP Logged

Dandello
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.1
Reply #1 - Feb 28th, 2013 at 6:22am
Post Tools
It's the changes you don't know about that get you - Windows servers are notorious for not giving users useful information about errors.

However, you might want to check whether or not you're running out of room on the server. When YaBB runs out of room, member files get emptied and the forum basically locks up.

If you've got room, check for corrupted files, especially things like the memberinfo and memberlist files, and the board control files. Beyond that, see if your host or IT manager made any changes to the server, like new security protocols  or even change in the Perl installation.
« Last Edit: Feb 28th, 2013 at 7:20am by Dandello »  

If you only have one solution to a problem you're not trying hard enough!
IP Logged

fostervs
YaBB Newcomer

Undefined error?
Feb 28th, 2013 at 2:59am
Post Tools
I am running a 2.2.3 board that has been working fine until a few days ago. Now users cannot register, existing users cannot start new posts or reply to posts.

Error as displayed is:
An Error Has Occurred!
Error:

The error log only shows "Error:" and doesn't define what the error is.

Running on Windows 2000 Advanced Server. As I said, it has been running fine for years, with minimal maintenance. Nothing has changed that I am aware of.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top