YaBB Community and Support Forum
YaBB Home About YaBB Download YaBB YaBB Support Customize Your Forum Development Contribute to the Project
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools

Undefined error? (Read 823 times)
 Feb 28th, 2013 at 2:59am
There are no actions to perform.  

fostervs 
YaBB Newbie
Canada

None
Undefined error?
I am running a 2.2.3 board that has been working fine until a few days ago. Now users cannot register, existing users cannot start new posts or reply to posts.

Error as displayed is:
An Error Has Occurred!
Error:

The error log only shows "Error:" and doesn't define what the error is.

Running on Windows 2000 Advanced Server. As I said, it has been running fine for years, with minimal maintenance. Nothing has changed that I am aware of.

IP Logged  
 Reply #1 - Feb 28th, 2013 at 6:22am

Dandello 
Global Moderator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team
Earth

YaBB 2.5
Re: Undefined error?
It's the changes you don't know about that get you - Windows servers are notorious for not giving users useful information about errors.

However, you might want to check whether or not you're running out of room on the server. When YaBB runs out of room, member files get emptied and the forum basically locks up.

If you've got room, check for corrupted files, especially things like the memberinfo and memberlist files, and the board control files. Beyond that, see if your host or IT manager made any changes to the server, like new security protocols  or even change in the Perl installation.
« Last Edit: Feb 28th, 2013 at 7:20am by Dandello »  
IP Logged  
 Reply #2 - Feb 28th, 2013 at 5:24pm

fostervs 
YaBB Newbie
Canada

None
Dandello wrote on Feb 28th, 2013 at 6:22am:
It's the changes you don't know about that get you - Windows servers are notorious for not giving users useful information about errors.

However, you might want to check whether or not you're running out of room on the server. When YaBB runs out of room, member files get emptied and the forum basically locks up.

If you've got room, check for corrupted files, especially things like the memberinfo and memberlist files, and the board control files. Beyond that, see if your host or IT manager made any changes to the server, like new security protocols  or even change in the Perl installation.

Server shows 103GB free.

I have ran all the rebuilds, recounts and cleans in maintenance, problem remains.

I am basically the all-around computer/electronics tech here, including the management of this server. The Perl install is as it was when I installed YaBB, and it isn't used for anything else.

I am likely going to back up the BBS, reinstall a clean one and see if it functions normally, then go from there.

IP Logged  
 Reply #3 - Feb 28th, 2013 at 6:29pm

Derek Barnstorm 
Support Team
YaBB Next Team
Development Team
Beta Testers
United Kingdom

YaBB 2.5
Hi fostervs,

I don't think this will be of any help but it's worth checking anyway... Make sure that the error language file isn't corrupt and has the correct permissions:

Languages/English/Error.lng

It obviously won't fix your issue, but without seeing what the error is, it's virtually impossible to see what is going on.
« Last Edit: Feb 28th, 2013 at 6:30pm by Derek Barnstorm »  

IP Logged  
 Reply #4 - Mar 1st, 2013 at 6:41pm

fostervs 
YaBB Newbie
Canada

None
I figured it out. By accident.

I have been manually adding email domains to email_domain_filter.txt, as it is easier for me.

Somehow I deleted the trailing " after my list of blocked email domains.

After I added it back, all is well.

IP Logged  
 Reply #5 - Mar 2nd, 2013 at 3:41am

Dandello 
Global Moderator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team
Earth

YaBB 2.5
Excellent Smiley

IP Logged  
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools

Get Yet another Bulletin Board at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads Support This Project BoardMod - YaBB features and templates YaBB Codex - support on installation and usage YaBB Toolbar for your browser

YaBB Facebook Group Page

Vulnerability Scanner

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl
YaBB Chat and Support Community » Powered by YaBB 3.0 Beta!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2011. All Rights Reserved.