Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Topic Tools
 10 Can't retrieve my lost password (Read 3,231 times)
xnoddyx
Support Team
Documentation Team
YaBB Moderators
YaBB Next Team
Beta Testers

None
Re: Can't retrieve my lost password
Reply #5 - Mar 14th, 2013 at 4:31pm
Post Tools
Evan Popchock wrote on Mar 14th, 2013 at 2:50pm:
I am still unable to retrieve my lost password, despite typing in the correct email address for it to be sent to, and the email still doesn't make it to my inbox.  I don't know what to do. Huh Undecided

you can try crating a new user account on the forum then post so one of the admins can see you asking for help but it won't be the first time a conversion from one forum to a new forum has lost some data in the process of transferring.

YaBB install help video
1. what yabb forum are you running and the url
2. describe in as much detail as you can what happens and also post screenshots if you can
3. please be patient we live in different time zones and have other commitments but we will help you
as bill and ted say (Be excellent to each other)
IP Logged

Evan Popchock
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #4 - Mar 14th, 2013 at 2:50pm
Post Tools
I am still unable to retrieve my lost password, despite typing in the correct email address for it to be sent to, and the email still doesn't make it to my inbox.  I don't know what to do. Huh Undecided

IP Logged

Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.4
Reply #3 - Mar 9th, 2013 at 3:57am
Post Tools
Evan Popchock wrote on Mar 9th, 2013 at 2:42am:
I already tried contacting the board administrator, and received an error message telling me that some sort of required plugin was not installed.

Unfortunately, the administrator of that forum has had problems with YaBB for a while. Even though problems were somewhat solved, there were enough members in their forum complaining that he felt compelled to drop YaBB in favor of using phpBB. Evidently, they're still working out the kinks.

You can read about this news here in their forum. Hopefully you can still access that forum as you always have, and if not, at least you can contact them directly for help.

« Last Edit: Mar 9th, 2013 at 4:06am by Bill Myers »  

Morning, noon, or night, have a great one!

Note: This forum doesn't allow for us to freely edit our posts or topics to make corrections as needed, so please remember to look for subsequent posts if you see any mistakes or outdated information. Sorry for the inconvenience.
IP Logged

Evan Popchock
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #2 - Mar 9th, 2013 at 2:42am
Post Tools
I already tried contacting the board administrator, and received an error message telling me that some sort of required plugin was not installed.

IP Logged

Dandello
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.0
Reply #1 - Mar 7th, 2013 at 6:33pm
Post Tools
Simviation's YaBB forum is in maintenance mode and retrieve password doesn't work under maintenance mode.  You'll need to contact someone at Simviation's site for help.

If you only have one solution to a problem you're not trying hard enough!
IP Logged

Evan Popchock
YaBB Newcomer

Can't retrieve my lost password
Mar 7th, 2013 at 6:06pm
Post Tools
Hey,
  The Simviation site recently updated their forum page, and I lost my password and can't retrieve it, despite typing in my email address for it to be sent to.  Any help would be appreciated. Shocked

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Topic Tools
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top