Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Normal Topic Button Colour (Read 1,033 times)
Espie79
YaBB Newcomer

Button Colour
Mar 8th, 2013 at 10:18am
Post Tools
my buttons aren't showing up. The text and button are shown as black on a black background. The buttons are the ones such as "new thread' and "new poll". What are of the .css do I need to fix? thanks

IP Logged

Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.4
Re: Button Colour
Reply #1 - Mar 8th, 2013 at 10:30am
Post Tools
I'm working from a 2.4 version of YaBB, but in our forum ...

In your Admin Center go to Forum Layout and then Style Sheet. You'll see the colors of your forum there. Look at what's wrong as you described it, and edit as you desire it in the Elements section of that page.

That's the basic way to do it. Later on there should be some experts who can be more specific with you.

The .css file you'll be working on will probably be the default.css file.

Good luck!

Edited:
Try changing Container to white, and if that works, just click Save.

Or do it the way you successfully did it before:
Espie79 wrote on Mar 8th, 2013 at 9:43am:
Ok, I have got it working now. i think the problem was that when I changed the colour, it didn't save. I ended up using Dreaweaver and editing the .css file there then uploaded it. thanks everyone. Smiley
« Last Edit: Mar 8th, 2013 at 10:54am by Bill Myers »  

Morning, noon, or night, have a great one!

Note: This forum doesn't allow for us to freely edit our posts or topics to make corrections as needed, so please remember to look for subsequent posts if you see any mistakes or outdated information. Sorry for the inconvenience.
IP Logged

xnoddyx
Support Team
Documentation Team
YaBB Moderators
YaBB Next Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #2 - Mar 8th, 2013 at 5:35pm
Post Tools
ok do you have a screenshot so i can see what buttons you are meaning as that will be a big help to help you thank you.

YaBB install help video
1. what yabb forum are you running and the url
2. describe in as much detail as you can what happens and also post screenshots if you can
3. please be patient we live in different time zones and have other commitments but we will help you
as bill and ted say (Be excellent to each other)
IP Logged

Dandello
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.1
Reply #3 - Mar 8th, 2013 at 6:04pm
Post Tools
Just as a general observation that may or may not pertain to this situation - if the templates and css don't get saved from the edit stylesheet/edit templates sections in Admin Center, check your permissions in yabbfiles/Templates/ and all the folders and files inside. If you've had to use 777 as your folder permission and 666 as your file permission inside the cgi-bin (or wherever your YaBB.pl is) then the permissions in yabbfiles need to be set the same.

Just an observation.  Wink

If you only have one solution to a problem you're not trying hard enough!
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools