Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Normal Topic Placement of "Forum Statistics" section (Read 808 times)
DEYJKARK
YaBB Newcomer

Placement of "Forum Statistics" section
Mar 17th, 2013 at 10:23pm
Post Tools
Hello forumers, hello support!

I've just upgraded to 2.5.2 from 2.5 AE, works fine after copying Paths.pl. Many thanks to the project team!!!

What I really miss, is the opportunity to direct visitors to the latest posts. This  ist placed at the very end of the forum index page and is provided as "Forum statistics", but at the end of the container.

Is it possible to place "Forum Statistics" at the top of the container? I didn't locate that in style Sheet or Template Configuration, but I am not very expierenced with YaBB customization.

Regards
Deyjkark

IP Logged

Dandello
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.1
Re: Placement of "Forum Statistics" section
Reply #1 - Mar 18th, 2013 at 12:05am
Post Tools
In yabb2/Templates/default/BoardIndex.template find '<!-- Info Center block start -->'

That indicates the start of the block that holds all the Forum Statistics. The sections it sounds like you want to move are '{yabb lastpostlink}', '{yabb lastpostdate}', and '{yabb recentposts}' in BoardIndex.template.  Smiley

If you only have one solution to a problem you're not trying hard enough!
IP Logged

Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.4
Thank you! - Re: Placement of "Forum Statistics" section
Reply #2 - Mar 18th, 2013 at 3:58am
Post Tools
Dandello wrote on Mar 18th, 2013 at 12:05am:
'{yabb lastpostlink}', '{yabb lastpostdate}'

Good to know. Smiley

I've never wanted to have all of the forum's statistics on top because it looks better where YaBB puts it, but I have wanted the link to the most recent post at the top so that people can have ready access to it.

Thanks to your instructions, in addition to showing in its default location, I now have {yabb lastpostlink} & {yabb lastpostdate} showing at the top.

Some time ago I added a menu tab for the most recent posts to give people quick and ready access. Additonally, there are menu tabs for people to have quick access to reset their password, retrieve their username, and to view their notifications.

I tried adding a Make Coffee menu tab, but I can't get it to work. Cheesy

« Last Edit: Mar 18th, 2013 at 8:06am by Bill Myers »  

Morning, noon, or night, have a great one!

Note: This forum doesn't allow for us to freely edit our posts or topics to make corrections as needed, so please remember to look for subsequent posts if you see any mistakes or outdated information. Sorry for the inconvenience.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools