Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Topic Tools
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Re: [RELEASE] YaBB 2.5.2 - First Update in Two Years! (Read 5,201 times)
Gerry720
YaBB Newcomer

Re: [RELEASE] YaBB 2.5.2 - First Update in Two Years!
Reply #3 - Apr 9th, 2013 at 2:25pm
Post Tools
Thanks so much, will give it a try

IP Logged

Dandello
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.0
Reply #2 - Mar 20th, 2013 at 6:06pm
Post Tools
Here's a quick version of RegistrationLog.pl with the reason in the log (This is based on the 2.5.2 version. Remember to backup your old copy of RegsitrationLog.pl before using this.

RegistrationLog.zip ( 4 KB | 72 Downloads )

If you only have one solution to a problem you're not trying hard enough!
IP Logged

Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.4
Registration logs - reason for joining
Reply #1 - Mar 20th, 2013 at 3:07pm
Post Tools
That would be helpful to have the reason for joining to show up in the registration logs. I'll 2nd Gerry720's request even though I no longer need this in our forum.

Meanwhile, admins can engage the anti-spam measures that YaBB has so that open registration without approvals can be allowed.

Admins can even enable guest posting with ggn's CAPTCHA hack that will be part of YaBB 2.5.4 (see an example of this at the bottom of this page of Dandello's test forum).

« Last Edit: Mar 20th, 2013 at 3:10pm by Bill Myers »  

Morning, noon, or night, have a great one!

Note: This forum doesn't allow for us to freely edit our posts or topics to make corrections as needed, so please remember to look for subsequent posts if you see any mistakes or outdated information. Sorry for the inconvenience.
IP Logged

Gerry720
YaBB Newcomer

Mar 20th, 2013 at 1:23pm
Post Tools
Not sure where this question belongs. I am using YABB 2.5 have been a user for many years and appreciate all the updates and security measures. Like many users, I have to go through the process of looking at each potential members request to join my forum. The registration log is great but is it possible to edit its format so that the "reason for joining" shows up in the reg log (vs. having to click on every entry to validate or deny membership?). It would make things much faster is I could add that column to the reg log. Thanks.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top