Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Normal Topic Yabb 2.4 to 2.5.2 (Read 2,057 times)
Jimboat
YaBB Newcomer

YaBB 2.6.0
Yabb 2.4 to 2.5.2
Mar 30th, 2013 at 5:07pm
Post Tools
Do I have to install 2.5.2 by itself, before transfering old (2.4) files over?  How is this done, since 2.4 uses same folder names?  

OR...Do I install 2.5.2 over top of 2.4?

Am I missing something?
« Last Edit: Mar 30th, 2013 at 5:16pm by Jimboat »  

/Jim

IP Logged

Dandello
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.1
Re: Yabb 2.4 to 2.5.2
Reply #1 - Mar 30th, 2013 at 8:06pm
Post Tools
It's better to install 2.5.2 by itself and make sure it works first. Then you move over the 2.4 'Boards', 'Messages' and 'Members' to the proper 2.5.2 folders.

THEN, if you have Member groups that are not showing up properly, run FixFile.pl to get that properly set in Settings.pl.

Finally, you can either redirect traffic from your old forum address to your new one OR remove your old forum and replace it with your new one since all you have to do is edit Paths.pl to get everything pointing to the proper places.

If you only have one solution to a problem you're not trying hard enough!
IP Logged

Jimboat
YaBB Newcomer

YaBB 2.6.0
Reply #2 - Apr 6th, 2013 at 8:48pm
Post Tools
Dandello wrote on Mar 30th, 2013 at 8:06pm:
It's better to install 2.5.2 by itself and make sure it works first. Then you move over the 2.4 'Boards', 'Messages' and 'Members' to the proper 2.5.2 folders.

Dandello - thanks for the help.  upgraded 2 boards, no problems at all!  Good advice.

2nd question:  Where are the Member's Board notifications stored?  I am looking for a simple way of changing many Members selections for notifications.

when i look in the /members/membername.var file, i see the line ...
>'board_notifications',"general,general2,etc"

if i just edit (change) this file, it doesn't reflect the changes appropriately in the YaBB board UserCP Notifications listing?  Is this information also referenced somewhere else?

/Jim

IP Logged

Dandello
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.1
Reply #3 - Apr 6th, 2013 at 9:36pm
Post Tools
You may be better off changing the notifications through use of your Admin Edit function rather than directly editing user vars files. (Although simply removing the board name from the ''board_notifications' line in vars should work.)

IP Logged

Jimboat
YaBB Newcomer

YaBB 2.6.0
Reply #4 - Apr 7th, 2013 at 12:17pm
Post Tools
Yes, i figured that i could do it mannually from Admin edit, but i've got 200+ users, and wanted to change th list of Boards subscribed for Notification to all users.  I have found that changing the list of board names in the  ''board_notifications' line in vars does not seem to make any difference (when signed on as User in CP)?

/Jim

IP Logged

Dandello
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.1
Reply #5 - Apr 7th, 2013 at 4:26pm
Post Tools
The other file that needs to be edited is the Boards/*.mail file that goes with the board in question. You'll need to look and see how the one for your board is set up. Each member entry goes on a new line.

The overall pattern for the member lines is "username 'tab' language| notify_type|hasviewed" see:
Code
Select All
admin	English|1|1 

« Last Edit: Apr 7th, 2013 at 4:36pm by Dandello »  

IP Logged

Jimboat
YaBB Newcomer

YaBB 2.6.0
Reply #6 - Apr 10th, 2013 at 10:41pm
Post Tools
Dandello wrote on Apr 7th, 2013 at 4:26pm:
The other file that needs to be edited is the Boards/*.mail file that goes with the board in question. You'll need to look and see how the one for your board is set up. Each member entry goes on a new line.

Dandello - you're a genius!  Worked like a charm!  thanks for all.

/Jim

IP Logged

Jimboat
YaBB Newcomer

YaBB 2.6.0
Reply #7 - Apr 23rd, 2013 at 11:59am
Post Tools
When a member is DELETED, does their email notification, etc get removed from the Boards/*.mail file?  Do other files that have the member's reference in them also get edited automatically, when a member is deleted?

/Jim

IP Logged

Dandello
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.1
Reply #8 - Apr 23rd, 2013 at 5:27pm
Post Tools
Their info should be getting removed from the notifications list. BUT I see in my own forums that their .msg files stay - my assumption is that this is an oversight in the member delete process.

Edited:
And may be a peculiarity with the forum I was looking at.

Edited:
And Rebuild Notifications in the Admin Center will remove deleted members from the board notification lists if it isn't happening automatically for you.
« Last Edit: Apr 23rd, 2013 at 6:09pm by Dandello »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top