Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.4
Re: Banned
Reply #7 - Apr 11th, 2013 at 3:52am
Post Tools
depablo wrote on Apr 10th, 2013 at 7:17pm:
That's what I call going the extra mile ...

I'm just following what you always do in the way of helping fellow YaBBers (just as Dandello and xnoddyx go out of their way to offer support).

On that note, I received an email from the moderator of Dr. Bernstein's Diabetes Forum, which read in part:

Quote:
Your email/fax was forwarded to me ...

We have a very bad problem with spammers, and so have implemented stronger measures to deter them, but with the unfortunate consequence that legitimate registrants are also "banned." We are trying to find a work around for this problem, but so far haven't been successful ...

The forum has over 15,000 members ...

I sent Carolsoc a PM regarding my contact with that moderator because it didn't seem appropriate to publicly reveal the moderator's email address here in the forum.

Thankfully as you and the rest of YaBB's team members already know, YaBB actually has some pretty effective anti-spam options available to its administrators.

Morning, noon, or night, have a great one!

Note: This forum doesn't allow for us to freely edit our posts or topics to make corrections as needed, so please remember to look for subsequent posts if you see any mistakes or outdated information. Sorry for the inconvenience.
IP Logged

depablo
YaBB Moderators
YaBB Next Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #6 - Apr 10th, 2013 at 7:17pm
Post Tools
Bill Myers wrote on Apr 10th, 2013 at 7:06pm:
The doctor was out when I called, but I left a fax with pertinent information so that he'll be aware of what's going on.

Bill
That's what I call going the extra mile, you certainly are a "Gem"  Wink

Taking a peek behind the mask Wink

IP Logged

Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.4
Reply #5 - Apr 10th, 2013 at 7:06pm
Post Tools
Carolsoc wrote on Apr 10th, 2013 at 6:48pm:
Thank you both.

I guess it's good that you came here. Hopefully the doctor's forum will be operating normally again so that you can participate.

depablo wrote on Apr 10th, 2013 at 6:17pm:
I tried to register but got same error

Same here. Sad

The doctor was out when I called, but I left a fax with pertinent information so that he'll be aware of what's going on. Wink

Note: This forum doesn't allow for us to freely edit our posts or topics to make corrections as needed, so please remember to look for subsequent posts if you see any mistakes or outdated information. Sorry for the inconvenience.
IP Logged

depablo
YaBB Moderators
YaBB Next Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #4 - Apr 10th, 2013 at 7:06pm
Post Tools
Carolsoc wrote on Apr 10th, 2013 at 6:48pm:
Thank you both.  

Sorry we could not help you further, however found another forum which discusses topic. Might be worth registering there as they do discuss his books?

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/diabetes-forum/index.php

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/diabetes-forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=7355

See similar topics at bottom of page.

IP Logged

Carolsoc
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #3 - Apr 10th, 2013 at 6:48pm
Post Tools
Thank you both.

IP Logged

depablo
YaBB Moderators
YaBB Next Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #2 - Apr 10th, 2013 at 6:17pm
Post Tools
I tried to register but got same error, maybe he only allows country specific IP'S?

Or it's broke  Wink
« Last Edit: Apr 10th, 2013 at 6:18pm by depablo »  

IP Logged

Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.4
Reply #1 - Apr 10th, 2013 at 5:17pm
Post Tools
Carolsoc wrote on Apr 10th, 2013 at 5:10pm:
dont know who to contact

You can click here for the contact information for that site.

From what you've stated, chances are that you're using an IP address that was previously banned.

IP Logged

Carolsoc
YaBB Newcomer

Banned
Apr 10th, 2013 at 5:10pm
Post Tools
I dont know who to contact, but since yabb is who powers the site for Dr. Bernsteins book diabetes-book dot com  I am writing to you.  For some reason I get
Banning Notification. Sorry, you are banned from using this forum! when I try to register.  The registration format here is similar to the one on Dr. Bernsteins site, so I am taking a shot to see if anyone can explain why I am banned?  I have never been on that site before yesterday.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Topic Tools
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top