YaBB Community and Support Forum
YaBB Home About YaBB Download YaBB YaBB Support Customize Your Forum Development Contribute to the Project
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools

Can I bulk add users? (Read 485 times)
 Apr 15th, 2013 at 8:04am
There are no actions to perform.  

Adrian_Horn 
YaBB Newbie

YaBB 2.5
Can I bulk add users?
Hi, I've been asked to make a closed forum for approx 500 users. Is there anyway I can bulk add the users into YABB rather than doing them 1 by 1 in the admin panel?

I know the usernames, Full names & password of all the users we need to add. Anyway of perhaps uploading an Excel or csv in order to add them in one go?

Thanks in advance.

Adrian

IP Logged  
 Reply #1 - Apr 15th, 2013 at 3:15pm

Dandello 
Global Moderator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team
Earth

YaBB 2.5
Re: Can I bulk add users?
Considering how the various member files are put together doing it through another method would probably take as long as doing it one by one.

BUT - the member information is held in the Member/*.vars files AND in Memberinfo.txt AND in Memberlist.txt So you might be able to write a merge to create and populate the vars files. (Maybe) Then add the proper member info to the Memberinfo and Memberlist files. The name of the vars file is based on the username which should be pretty much alphanumeric (and all numeric usernames doesn't work all that well).

IP Logged  
 Reply #2 - Apr 15th, 2013 at 3:28pm

Adrian_Horn 
YaBB Newbie

YaBB 2.5
Re: Can I bulk add users?
Dandello wrote on Apr 15th, 2013 at 3:15pm:
Considering how the various member files are put together doing it through another method would probably take as long as doing it one by one.

BUT - the member information is held in the Member/*.vars files AND in Memberinfo.txt AND in Memberlist.txt So you might be able to write a merge to create and populate the vars files. (Maybe) Then add the proper member info to the Memberinfo and Memberlist files. The name of the vars file is based on the username which should be pretty much alphanumeric (and all numeric usernames doesn't work all that well).

Thanks. I'd had a look at the .vars files to see what needed doing - to be honest we're only going to need to do it once so I might just bite the bullet and add them manually rather than trying to perfect a script to do it for me.

IP Logged  
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools

Get Yet another Bulletin Board at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads Support This Project BoardMod - YaBB features and templates YaBB Codex - support on installation and usage YaBB Toolbar for your browser

YaBB Facebook Group Page

Vulnerability Scanner

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl
YaBB Chat and Support Community » Powered by YaBB 3.0 Beta!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2011. All Rights Reserved.