Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Normal Topic Can I bulk add users? (Read 580 times)
Adrian_Horn
YaBB Newcomer

None
Re: Can I bulk add users?
Reply #2 - Apr 15th, 2013 at 3:28pm
Post Tools
Dandello wrote on Apr 15th, 2013 at 3:15pm:
Considering how the various member files are put together doing it through another method would probably take as long as doing it one by one.

BUT - the member information is held in the Member/*.vars files AND in Memberinfo.txt AND in Memberlist.txt So you might be able to write a merge to create and populate the vars files. (Maybe) Then add the proper member info to the Memberinfo and Memberlist files. The name of the vars file is based on the username which should be pretty much alphanumeric (and all numeric usernames doesn't work all that well).

Thanks. I'd had a look at the .vars files to see what needed doing - to be honest we're only going to need to do it once so I might just bite the bullet and add them manually rather than trying to perfect a script to do it for me.

IP Logged

Dandello
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.1
Re: Can I bulk add users?
Reply #1 - Apr 15th, 2013 at 3:15pm
Post Tools
Considering how the various member files are put together doing it through another method would probably take as long as doing it one by one.

BUT - the member information is held in the Member/*.vars files AND in Memberinfo.txt AND in Memberlist.txt So you might be able to write a merge to create and populate the vars files. (Maybe) Then add the proper member info to the Memberinfo and Memberlist files. The name of the vars file is based on the username which should be pretty much alphanumeric (and all numeric usernames doesn't work all that well).

If you only have one solution to a problem you're not trying hard enough!
IP Logged

Adrian_Horn
YaBB Newcomer

None
Can I bulk add users?
Apr 15th, 2013 at 8:04am
Post Tools
Hi, I've been asked to make a closed forum for approx 500 users. Is there anyway I can bulk add the users into YABB rather than doing them 1 by 1 in the admin panel?

I know the usernames, Full names & password of all the users we need to add. Anyway of perhaps uploading an Excel or csv in order to add them in one go?

Thanks in advance.

Adrian

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top