YaBB Moderators
YaBB Next Team
Beta Testers

None
Re: Site frequently hacked
Reply #2 - Apr 17th, 2013 at 12:45am
Post Tools
Bill Myers wrote on Apr 15th, 2013 at 11:42pm:
The "scripting abuse detected" warnings that you're getting are most likely random. You can pretty much ignore those, and be glad that YaBB's stopping those reported attempts.

Whether or not you know for sure, or think you know who your estranged employee is, all you really need to do is to change the password of your server's FTP access as well as make a password change to your admin account if you think that person may have had access to it.

I'm presuming that estranged employee doesn't have access to your host. But if they do, you'll want to notify your host, and take the necessary security precautions as recommended.

Good luck!

sounds good to me also if you are in the uk and have a log of items he had been doing i.e. the server logs with his ip also forum logs and that you get the police to have a look at doing him as he is committing a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990 <covers a lot of items VIRUSES, HACKING AND OTHER OFFENCES some more are

Quote:
You must not misuse a website by knowingly introducing viruses, Trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material, which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to a website , the server on which the website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to a website. You must not attack a website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990.

hope this is of help to you.
« Last Edit: Apr 17th, 2013 at 12:47am by xnoddyx »  

YaBB install help video
1. what yabb forum are you running and the url
2. describe in as much detail as you can what happens and also post screenshots if you can
3. please be patient we live in different time zones and have other commitments but we will help you
as bill and ted say (Be excellent to each other)
IP Logged

Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.4
Re: Site frequently hacked
Reply #1 - Apr 15th, 2013 at 11:42pm
Post Tools
The "scripting abuse detected" warnings that you're getting are most likely random. You can pretty much ignore those, and be glad that YaBB's stopping those reported attempts.

Whether or not you know for sure, or think you know who your estranged employee is, all you really need to do is to change the password of your server's FTP access as well as make a password change to your admin account if you think that person may have had access to it.

I'm presuming that estranged employee doesn't have access to your host. But if they do, you'll want to notify your host, and take the necessary security precautions as recommended.

Good luck!

Morning, noon, or night, have a great one!

Note: This forum doesn't allow for us to freely edit our posts or topics to make corrections as needed, so please remember to look for subsequent posts if you see any mistakes or outdated information. Sorry for the inconvenience.
IP Logged

gigih
YaBB Newcomer

None
Site frequently hacked
Apr 15th, 2013 at 10:43pm
Post Tools
I believe I have an estranged employee who keeps trying to hack into our forum. He has done so successfully a few times and we have been shut down. The administrators have been deleted at times too.
Any suggestions on how we can prevent this?

I frequently receive "scripting abuse detected" email warnings and block the IP address but it keeps happening.

any suggestions?

thanks.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top