Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Normal Topic Deleting Members (Read 687 times)
Dandello
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.0
Re: Deleting Members
Reply #3 - May 8th, 2013 at 2:53pm
Post Tools
Excellent - and excellent observations on how to get around some of the  built-in issues that cropped up in the process.  Smiley

If you only have one solution to a problem you're not trying hard enough!
IP Logged

qgolden
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #2 - May 8th, 2013 at 1:34pm
Post Tools
Thank you!  That worked perfect. I needed to be logged in as Admin, and at the control panel. Then I opened up my WS_FTP and remove the member files, (except for admin.var), then uploaded originally installed member files, then without logging out, in the admin panel, rebuilt Memberinfo and Memberlist. 

If I removed the Member files, then logged in as Admin it rebuilt the member files each time.  By staying logged in I was able to circumvent it.

IP Logged

Dandello
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.0
Reply #1 - Apr 26th, 2013 at 10:31pm
Post Tools
I don't know about 2.1 specifically, but in 2.x generally, if the member .vars files are still there, YaBB will attempt to rebuild its memberlist and memberinfo files from those files. So remove all the member files aside from the admin files, and you'll probably be good.

Then run rebuild on both Memberinfo and Memberlist.

If you only have one solution to a problem you're not trying hard enough!
IP Logged

qgolden
YaBB Newcomer

Deleting Members
Apr 26th, 2013 at 6:45pm
Post Tools
Hello,
I am resurecting an old YaBB forum that was closed down a few years ago. It had about 850 members, all spammers that had registered after I moved to a new board and failed to lock downd the old one.  Anyway, I have a use for it and was getting it going again.  In order to do so, I deleted all of the members by cleaning members/memberinfo.txt, memberlist.txt, etc.  While it seemed to work OK, when I log into the board I still see that I have 850 members.  When I go back into memberlist.txt, they are all back!. When I log in as admin/view/delete members, the list is empty. (except for me). This particualar Board is V2.1   

Any thoughts on how to make them all go away and stay away?  Replace Members/*.* ?
Thx in advance.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top