Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Normal Topic admin lost login info (Read 704 times)
Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.4
Re: admin lost login info
Reply #8 - May 9th, 2013 at 12:36am
Post Tools
dave1111 wrote on May 8th, 2013 at 11:38pm:
I got in..... thank you all so much!
  Cool Smiley

Morning, noon, or night, have a great one!

Note: This forum doesn't allow for us to freely edit our posts or topics to make corrections as needed, so please remember to look for subsequent posts if you see any mistakes or outdated information. Sorry for the inconvenience.
IP Logged

dave1111

None
Reply #7 - May 8th, 2013 at 11:38pm
Post Tools
I got in..... thank you all so much!

IP Logged

Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.4
Reply #6 - May 8th, 2013 at 11:20pm
Post Tools
dave1111 wrote on May 8th, 2013 at 8:35pm:
... anyone know what I am doing wrong?

You only needed to change the password. Wink

In any case, after you typed in the password you want, did you remember to upload it back to the server? This would be after the edited file was saved; not while it's still open if you didn't actually save it. If you're not careful about it, the upload won't work, particularly if there is a problem with the timestamp.

Also, be sure that you uploaded your edited file to the actual Member directory of your forum (as text - ASCII - not binary).

Additionally, check the CHMOD permissions on that file. It should work with 644 permissions, but you may need to change that to 666 instead.

If that doesn't work, please let us know the exact error message you're getting. Thanks.

« Last Edit: May 8th, 2013 at 11:22pm by Bill Myers »  

Note: This forum doesn't allow for us to freely edit our posts or topics to make corrections as needed, so please remember to look for subsequent posts if you see any mistakes or outdated information. Sorry for the inconvenience.
IP Logged

dave1111

None
Reply #5 - May 8th, 2013 at 8:35pm
Post Tools
i did this but can not get it to work... i even kept on open file open of the changes I made to the file that I uploaded to copy and past the email I changed and the password I changed... but I am still not able to get in.. doe anyone know what I am doing wrong?

thanks

dave

IP Logged

dave1111

None
Reply #4 - May 8th, 2013 at 8:28pm
Post Tools
Please disregard.

Just found the DIR

IP Logged

dave1111

None
Reply #3 - May 8th, 2013 at 8:26pm
Post Tools
can you direct me to the members DIR..

i cant seem to find it

IP Logged

xnoddyx
Support Team
Documentation Team
YaBB Moderators
YaBB Next Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #2 - May 7th, 2013 at 9:18pm
Post Tools
Bill Myers wrote on May 7th, 2013 at 8:00pm:
You can download the admin.vars file from your Members directory. The password is encrypted, so that won't help. However, you can type in a password of your choice, and then upload it to your server so that you can get access to your admin account again.Important: Make sure you have a copy of your admin.var file handy in case you need it.

to add to this when the admin.vars after yabb checks the plan text password you entered it will then save that back as encrypted.

YaBB install help video
1. what yabb forum are you running and the url
2. describe in as much detail as you can what happens and also post screenshots if you can
3. please be patient we live in different time zones and have other commitments but we will help you
as bill and ted say (Be excellent to each other)
IP Logged

Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.4
Reply #1 - May 7th, 2013 at 8:00pm
Post Tools
dave1111 wrote on May 7th, 2013 at 7:39pm:
... I forgot my admin password and the email address I entered for it is not seem to be valid...

You can download the admin.vars file from your Members directory. The password is encrypted, so that won't help. However, you can type in a password of your choice, and then upload it to your server so that you can get access to your admin account again.

Important: Make sure you have a copy of your admin.var file handy in case you need it.

Just so you know, I just tested a secondary admin account of mine, and I was able to do what I suggested above with success.

Good luck!

By the way, once you gain access again, I suggest that you create at least one additional admin account with full privileges that you control. That way, you can easily fix a bad admin account, whichever one goes bad.

You might even choose to have 3 admin accounts since 3 times is a charm. Wink

« Last Edit: May 7th, 2013 at 8:01pm by Bill Myers »  

IP Logged

dave1111

None
admin lost login info
May 7th, 2013 at 7:39pm
Post Tools
hi,

after closing our board for a year or so, we re-opened it.  However I forgot my admin password and the email address I entered for it is not seem to be valid....  is there any page I can get this info on if I download it from my server to view my password?

thanks

dave

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top