Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Topic Tools
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) possible javascript issue after upgrade from 2.1 (Read 2,764 times)
Dandello
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.0
Re: possible javascript issue after upgrade from 2.1
Reply #9 - May 17th, 2013 at 11:50pm
Post Tools
PM notifications and post/board notifications are different, BUT they use the same programming to make them send email. So, if PM notifications is working, and if post notifications via email is turned on by the admin and the user has turned it on for their account, it should send emails.

If you only have one solution to a problem you're not trying hard enough!
IP Logged

Tom Gordon
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #8 - May 17th, 2013 at 8:47pm
Post Tools
Do the PM notification setting affect post notifications?   I would expect them to be separate.  In any case, I'll try that and see - thanks.

IP Logged

Dandello
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.0
Reply #7 - May 17th, 2013 at 7:44pm
Post Tools
There are two places email notifications need to be turned on - in the Admin Center - ForumSettings - > Personal Messages ->  'Allow users to enable e-mail notification when new PMs are received?'

That will allow members to choose whether or not to activate email notifications in their UserCP under Options.

If PMs are going out then Notifications should, assuming they've been turned on in both places.

IP Logged

Tom Gordon
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #6 - May 17th, 2013 at 6:50pm
Post Tools
Adding that line seem to fix that problem - thanks!  The "nav" class seems to not be in the css, but easy enough to fix.  That line didn't seem to be in the new default template, even from the files I downloaded, so I'm guessing that feature didn't make it to the new version?

Still not running the javascript on mine to move the cursor to the bottom, either on Chrome or IE.

Also, is there a problem with email notifications?  No longer appear to work after updating.  Created a new board and another login name just to test, but so far no feedback for a test posting.  This could be a deal-breaker if I can't get this going - not enough traffic on this site to expect people to visit w/o notifications of new postings.  If this is a "what? nobody else has this problem?" kind-of-thing, I may just re-do the update and refrain from adding in my couple of mods until I make sure it works properly  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

xnoddyx
Support Team
Documentation Team
YaBB Moderators
YaBB Next Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #5 - May 12th, 2013 at 1:41am
Post Tools
ok update time it looks like the forum is/was missing this code
Code (HTML)
Select All
<div class="nav" style="width: 100%; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; text-align: left;"><yabb boardlink> <yabb navigation></div> 

just waiting for feedback on this now.

YaBB install help video
1. what yabb forum are you running and the url
2. describe in as much detail as you can what happens and also post screenshots if you can
3. please be patient we live in different time zones and have other commitments but we will help you
as bill and ted say (Be excellent to each other)
IP Logged

Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.4
Reply #4 - May 9th, 2013 at 6:27am
Post Tools
Dandello wrote on May 9th, 2013 at 6:18am:
Just checked this out on my 2.5.2 testbed ...

I'm glad that this feature will still work the same way. Excellent! Smiley

Morning, noon, or night, have a great one!

Note: This forum doesn't allow for us to freely edit our posts or topics to make corrections as needed, so please remember to look for subsequent posts if you see any mistakes or outdated information. Sorry for the inconvenience.
IP Logged

Dandello
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.0
Reply #3 - May 9th, 2013 at 6:18am
Post Tools
Just checked this out on my 2.5.2 testbed - the first time you click the login link at the top (and you're in BoardIndex), it should move the cursor to the name input in the login. Subsequent clicks on the login link at the top, you get an alert telling you to go to the bottom to login.
« Last Edit: May 9th, 2013 at 6:19am by Dandello »  

IP Logged

Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.4
Reply #2 - May 9th, 2013 at 2:47am
Post Tools
I've posted here simply because I'm curious about this possible javascript issue.

I know with our YaBB 2.4 forum if I'm on the forum's main page, when Login is clicked, it takes me directly to the login section (at the bottom of the forum).

If I'm viewing a topic at the time, and then click Login to sign in, I'm redirected to the login section on a separate page, at which point I'm automatically taken back to the topic I was viewing after I log in to the forum.

Either way, if I go back to the top of the page before I log in to the forum, and I click Login again, I get a pop-up that reads, "You can login at the bottom of this page!"

Hopefully, newer versions after 2.4 will work this way since I like how version 2.4 works.

Edited:
And it will; confirmed here! Smiley
« Last Edit: May 9th, 2013 at 6:29am by Bill Myers »  

Morning, noon, or night, have a great one!

Note: This forum doesn't allow for us to freely edit our posts or topics to make corrections as needed, so please remember to look for subsequent posts if you see any mistakes or outdated information. Sorry for the inconvenience.
IP Logged

xnoddyx
Support Team
Documentation Team
YaBB Moderators
YaBB Next Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #1 - May 9th, 2013 at 2:42am
Post Tools
Tom Gordon wrote on May 9th, 2013 at 1:54am:
with 2.1, I had a board "tree" at the top, such that I could go back to the board from a post; now it shows nothing while viewing a post, so I can only click on "home" to go all the way back up.

hi Tom Gordon the board "tree" is now a breadcrumb navigation menu see pic

Tom Gordon wrote on May 9th, 2013 at 1:54am:
when I try to log in from the home page, it looks like it wants to do a pop-up to say I should go to the bottom of the screen to register, but nothing happens.

can you email me a link to your forum and some login info and I will check it out for you after I have had some sleep and will post back here to update you after I have had a look.

ybcnm.jpg ( 75 KB | 38 Downloads )
ybcnm.jpg

YaBB install help video
1. what yabb forum are you running and the url
2. describe in as much detail as you can what happens and also post screenshots if you can
3. please be patient we live in different time zones and have other commitments but we will help you
as bill and ted say (Be excellent to each other)
IP Logged

Tom Gordon
YaBB Newcomer

possible javascript issue after upgrade from 2.1
May 9th, 2013 at 1:54am
Post Tools
I've recently updated from 2.1 to 2.5.2, and noticed a couple things that seem javascript related: 1) when I try to log in from the home page, it looks like it wants to do a pop-up to say I should go to the bottom of the screen to register, but nothing happens. 2) with 2.1, I had a board "tree" at the top, such that I could go back to the board from a post; now it shows nothing while viewing a post, so I can only click on "home" to go all the way back up.  Same behavior in IE as in Chrome, so I don't think it's the browser.

Could these both be javascript related?  Was javascript not used in 2.1 and I'm just now running into a setup issue for that on the server?  Any tidbit would be appreciated, thanks!
« Last Edit: May 9th, 2013 at 1:55am by Tom Gordon »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top