Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Topic Tools
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Internet Explorer IE 10 (Read 2,182 times)
TonyL

None
Re: Internet Explorer IE 10
Reply #15 - May 21st, 2013 at 11:51am
Post Tools
Based on the time of your video, Derek may have already applied the fix. I had sent you a PM around 8:45 AM  and I had received a PM from Derek at 8:46 telling me that he had fixed the issue. I was not able to respond to Derek's post until later in the day. Derek's fix did have an effect on a few boards that now showed that none of the messages had been read, not sure why that would have happened, but all is good now. Thanks to everyone for the assistance.
Tony
xnoddyx wrote on May 21st, 2013 at 10:55am:
Quote:
Got a message from the folks over at Tony's forum and all good now.

I think that fix was way back in 2.3 yet for some reason it resurfaced on 2.5.2

When I first logged into the forum (I am an admin still as I helped him set the forum up)  there were no new posts showing for me in Firefox and Safari.  I haven't logged on for several months.

Going through advanced settings I noticed that "Number of days after a post is made that it will no longer show as "new" in either the Board view or Message view." was set at 90 and I reset it to 9999 as I recalled it from the fix.

Back to Board Index and all good again.  I cleared the Mark all posts as read then someone made a post and it showed as new.

Not sure of anything other than that.

Looking at a thread on the forum this may not have only been confined to IE10.

I just find it strange that you and tony had the problems but when i was having a look on a test user ac as you see in the video before the fix you posted I did not have the problem of after the thread/post has been read that the post indicator was also read but tony was still getting new post indicator  Huh

IP Logged

xnoddyx
Support Team
Documentation Team
YaBB Moderators
YaBB Next Team
Beta Testers

None
Re: Internet Explorer IE 10
Reply #16 - May 21st, 2013 at 12:54pm
Post Tools
TonyL wrote on May 21st, 2013 at 11:51am:
Based on the time of your video, Derek may have already applied the fix. I had sent you a PM around 8:45 AM  and I had received a PM from Derek at 8:46 telling me that he had fixed the issue. I was not able to respond to Derek's post until later in the day. Derek's fix did have an effect on a few boards that now showed that none of the messages had been read, not sure why that would have happened, but all is good now. Thanks to everyone for the assistance.

ok cool looks like some wires may have been crossed on this so think communication needs improving between team members lol

least you are up and running  Smiley

YaBB install help video
1. what yabb forum are you running and the url
2. describe in as much detail as you can what happens and also post screenshots if you can
3. please be patient we live in different time zones and have other commitments but we will help you
as bill and ted say (Be excellent to each other)
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top