Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Topic Tools
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Stupid question regarding referrer security (Read 3,875 times)
Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.4
Re: Stupid question regarding referrer security
Reply #15 - May 25th, 2013 at 7:46pm
Post Tools
greydane wrote on May 25th, 2013 at 7:35pm:
Allowed to do what?  Allow outside access from your Domain Name or Deny outside Access to your Domain Name.  That was Batchman's original Question.

Thanks Bruce

If an item is checked, then it is allowed from outside your own domain.

In contrast, if an item is unchecked, then it is not allowed from outside your own domain.

Morning, noon, or night, have a great one!

Note: This forum doesn't allow for us to freely edit our posts or topics to make corrections as needed, so please remember to look for subsequent posts if you see any mistakes or outdated information. Sorry for the inconvenience.
IP Logged

greydane

YaBB 2.6.1
Reply #16 - May 25th, 2013 at 7:49pm
Post Tools
Ahh.  Ok, Thanks Bill.  Straight forward answer. Smiley

Bruce

IP Logged

Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.4
Reply #17 - May 25th, 2013 at 7:54pm
Post Tools
Now that I'm looking at it again, Batchman did have it correct. But that's not surprising. He's generally very good with knowing how YaBB works.

batchman wrote on May 22nd, 2013 at 2:38pm:
This would seem to indicate that the actions that are checked are the specific actions you will allow from outside your own domain.

Morning, noon, or night, have a great one!

Note: This forum doesn't allow for us to freely edit our posts or topics to make corrections as needed, so please remember to look for subsequent posts if you see any mistakes or outdated information. Sorry for the inconvenience.
IP Logged

xnoddyx
Support Team
Documentation Team
YaBB Moderators
YaBB Next Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #18 - May 26th, 2013 at 8:14pm
Post Tools
greydane wrote on May 25th, 2013 at 5:05pm:
xnoddyx wrote on May 25th, 2013 at 3:58pm:
why i recommend that it is on for some items just the same way that you don't have a open ftp access on your website.

Hi Xnoddyx:

Bruce here.  Thanks for the explanation as I wasn't quite sure what the referrer security did.  So my question is, if referrer security is activated (ie. Checked under Security settings) what Board Actions should be checked off under the menu Referrer Security to prevent access from outside your Domain Name.  As Batchman stated, the Description of Referrer Security in Admin is confusing.  It reads as if you must Select (ie: Check off) the Board Action to ALLOW outside access.  From the explanations I gather that the proper procedure is to select (check off) the Board Actions to prevent outside access.  Is that correct and if so what Actions should I check off.

Hope this doesn't sound too confusing.  Thanks Bruce

sorry Bruce I did not see your post till just now looks like you replied when i was replying and doing some more items at the same time  Embarrassed at least your question was answered  Smiley

YaBB install help video
1. what yabb forum are you running and the url
2. describe in as much detail as you can what happens and also post screenshots if you can
3. please be patient we live in different time zones and have other commitments but we will help you
as bill and ted say (Be excellent to each other)
IP Logged

greydane

YaBB 2.6.1
Reply #19 - May 27th, 2013 at 1:07am
Post Tools
xnoddyx wrote on May 26th, 2013 at 8:14pm:
sorry Bruce I did not see your post till just now

No Problems Xnoddyx. Smiley

Thanks Bruce

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]