Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Verbose: No such file or directory (Read 17,446 times)
xnoddyx
Support Team
Documentation Team
YaBB Moderators
YaBB Next Team
Beta Testers

None
Re: Verbose: No such file or directory
Reply #75 - Jun 24th, 2013 at 1:01pm
Post Tools
------ wrote on Jun 23rd, 2013 at 3:14pm:
I just wanted to say Thank You to Dandello, xnoddyx, Derek Barnstorm and Bill Myers for the help they offered.

You people are great

thank you we are here to help also from this are you saying that you are good? and forum working?.

YaBB install help video
1. what yabb forum are you running and the url
2. describe in as much detail as you can what happens and also post screenshots if you can
3. please be patient we live in different time zones and have other commitments but we will help you
as bill and ted say (Be excellent to each other)
IP Logged

------
Beta Testers

Reply #76 - Jun 24th, 2013 at 3:11pm
Post Tools
xnoddyx wrote on Jun 24th, 2013 at 1:01pm:
from this are you saying that you are good? and forum working?.

Well, when I wrote that yes, almost 24 without a problem. Then two errors today. As soon as I get YaMMs to work I'll be moving the forum to the newer version.

IP Logged

------
Beta Testers

Reply #77 - Jun 26th, 2013 at 2:35am
Post Tools
What a weird thing to happen.

The old forum (2.4) all of a sudden started to get a 500 error. No idea why. I checked every I could think of and all looked right.

As luck would have it I've been working on upgrading to 2.5.22 and just finished up installing all the mods and checking them out.

My first thought was I accidentally uploaded one of the files to the wrong forum's directory but based on the date stamps that wasn't the case.

Luckily, yesterday I did a practice run moving the member and message files  to see how it would work, sure came in handy.

Now I'm back on line with a shiny new forum.

Thanks again for making this happen

IP Logged

xnoddyx
Support Team
Documentation Team
YaBB Moderators
YaBB Next Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #78 - Jun 26th, 2013 at 7:53pm
Post Tools
------ wrote on Jun 26th, 2013 at 2:35am:
What a weird thing to happen.The old forum (2.4) all of a sudden started to get a 500 error. No idea why.

this can happen when your host is doing work on the server but has not told you about it.
------ wrote on Jun 26th, 2013 at 2:35am:
As luck would have it I've been working on upgrading to 2.5.22 and just finished up installing all the mods and checking them out. My first thought was I accidentally uploaded one of the files to the wrong forum's directory but based on the date stamps that wasn't the case. Luckily, yesterday I did a practice run moving the member and message files  to see how it would work, sure came in handy. Now I'm back on line with a shiny new forum.

that is good that you had practice run and hope you have good times with your new forum.

YaBB install help video
2. describe in as much detail as you can what happens and also post screenshots if you can
3. please be patient we live in different time zones and have other commitments but we will help you
IP Logged

------
Beta Testers

Reply #79 - Jun 26th, 2013 at 9:25pm
Post Tools
xnoddyx wrote on Jun 26th, 2013 at 7:53pm:
this can happen when your host is doing work on the server but has not told you about it.

I thought that too but other parts of the website was still working fine. Today the old forum still is getting the 500 error.

have good times with your new forum.

Thanks

« Last Edit: Jun 26th, 2013 at 9:33pm by ------ »  

IP Logged

------
Beta Testers

Reply #80 - Jun 27th, 2013 at 11:00am
Post Tools
Quote:
Scripting Abuse Detected! on Jun 27, 2013  3:22pm

Abusing user ID (Real Name): Guest -> ()
Abuse detected from IP: 61.55.141.10
Auto added abusing IP address to .htaccess file. (You can remove it from the list manually from the Guardian Admin): 61.55.141.10,
Blocked script in Url data: num~1356025258          result: данный ip забанили - меняем прокси 1 разx3b используем прокси 218.108.170.163:80x3b ОШИБКА СЕРВЕРА (proxy www.woodturnersresource.com:80,host www.woodturnersresource.com)x3b использован никнейм "demaemiainjgumw"x3b пиктокод дешифрованx3b зарегистрировалисьx3b завершено при попытке входаx3b не нашлось формы для отправкиx3b

The Woodturning Forum - Woodturner's Resource, The Guardian

I'm thinking this was my problem all along looks like 2.5.22 was the cure.
Once again Thank you for the work you all do in keeping YaBB alive.

IP Logged

xnoddyx
Support Team
Documentation Team
YaBB Moderators
YaBB Next Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #81 - Jun 27th, 2013 at 12:53pm
Post Tools
------ wrote on Jun 26th, 2013 at 9:25pm:
I thought that too but other parts of the website was still working fine. Today the old forum still is getting the 500 error.

one of the reasons for 2.5.2 update is that older YaBB forums wont run on the new perl versions and trying to run them will give you a 500 error (HTTP Error 500 Internal server error) so it can still be this one why to test is test install a new copy of YaBB 2.4 and see if it will setup and run if this works then it maybe a paths prob ....

------ wrote on Jun 27th, 2013 at 11:00am:
I'm thinking this was my problem all along looks like 2.5.22 was the cure. Once again Thank you for the work you all do in keeping YaBB alive.

that is good  Smiley

YaBB install help video
IP Logged

------
Beta Testers

Reply #82 - Jun 27th, 2013 at 5:37pm
Post Tools
xnoddyx wrote on Jun 27th, 2013 at 12:53pm:
one of the reasons for 2.5.2 update is that older YaBB forums wont run on the new perl versions and trying to run them will give you a 500 error (HTTP Error 500 Internal server error) so it can still be this one why to test is test install a new copy of YaBB 2.4 and see if it will setup and run if this works then it maybe a paths prob ....

I still have my 2.4 test forum running.

I've used this forum for testing out minor code changes and mods before I move them to the working forum. The only difference between my working and test forums are the members & message directory.

In essence I could have moved all the other 2.4 files from the test forum to the working forum. But I figured if I'm going to do that I might as well just start up 2.5.2.

I'm doing the same thing with 2.5.2 -  having a working and a test forum. I learned the hard way this can save a lot of grief.

IP Logged

xnoddyx
Support Team
Documentation Team
YaBB Moderators
YaBB Next Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #83 - Jun 27th, 2013 at 6:20pm
Post Tools
it is just you had put
old forum (2.4) all of a sudden started to get a 500 error. No idea why.

------ wrote on Jun 27th, 2013 at 5:37pm:
having a working and a test forum. I learned the hard way this can save a lot of grief.

having a test forum is a good tool for testing.

YaBB install help video
IP Logged

Dandello
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.1
Reply #84 - Jun 27th, 2013 at 6:33pm
Post Tools
One thing to keep an eye out on Guardian warnings that look like they're recommendations from Guardian to change Captcha settings. This is a bit of 'social engineering' designed to get naive admins to turn off Captcha or other anti-spam measures.

While there are a few typos remaining in the Error language and Guardian Language files, if the message has bogus characters in it or is written in really bad English, it's not from YaBB - it was put into a query string just to get Guardian to send it to the Admin so he/she would panic.

If you only have one solution to a problem you're not trying hard enough!
IP Logged

------
Beta Testers

Reply #85 - Jun 27th, 2013 at 8:58pm
Post Tools
I was testing out a problem a person had with registering and accidentally banned myself   Grin. I have another computer that has a different IP address and was able to quickly cure the problem. Then I got that same 500 error on 2.5.22

I decided to start moving some files from the test forum to the working forum. First directory was the Variables. While that fixed the problem I still don't know what was the cause.

Dandello wrote on Jun 27th, 2013 at 6:33pm:
While there are a few typos remaining in the Error language and Guardian Language files, if the message has bogus characters in it or is written in really bad English, it's not from YaBB - it was put into a query string just to get Guardian to send it to the Admin so he/she would panic.

Kind of like the email from my bank asking me for my password - Thanks

Yesterday I had used Guardian to add IP Blocks to .htaccess and within 24 hours that file was 6 meg. I looked at it and there multiple instances of the same IP. I decided it was best to turn that off.

IP Logged

------
Beta Testers

Reply #86 - Jul 2nd, 2013 at 2:29pm
Post Tools
Another .pre error today

The forum was down for about 15 minutes before it repaired itself.

Last night I turned on the first two items in the Referrer security, help and resetpass. I'm guessing it was the later that was the problem.

IP Logged

Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.4
Reply #87 - Jul 2nd, 2013 at 5:08pm
Post Tools
------ wrote on Jul 2nd, 2013 at 2:29pm:
Another .pre error today

Yeah, I've passed all those troubles up simply by allowing open registration without approvals. That of course is only possible because of YaBB's superior anti-spam tools.

Morning, noon, or night, have a great one!

Note: This forum doesn't allow for us to freely edit our posts or topics to make corrections as needed, so please remember to look for subsequent posts if you see any mistakes or outdated information. Sorry for the inconvenience.
IP Logged

------
Beta Testers

Reply #88 - Jul 2nd, 2013 at 6:57pm
Post Tools
Open Registration  Shocked   I seriously doubt that would work for me Bill.

StopForumSpam prevents 100 spammers per day
SpamFruit prevents another 70 per day.
Honeypot stops another 50.
ggn's anti-spam CAPTCHA another boat load per day.

I had to remove gnn's CAPTCHA a few days ago when I found it was causing to much confusion with real people trying to become members. Once I removed it I found SFS and SF took over just fine.

After all this I still submit 3-4 spammers per day to SFS and one still got though to cause the error. Its that last one that is causing me the grief.

What seems to work the best is a combination of those excellent tools and keeping the referrer security tight.

All open registration would do is create a place for the lowlife spammers to post their nonsense

« Last Edit: Jul 2nd, 2013 at 7:02pm by ------ »  

IP Logged

Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.4
Reply #89 - Jul 2nd, 2013 at 7:15pm
Post Tools
------ wrote on Jul 2nd, 2013 at 6:57pm:
What seems to work the best is a combination of those excellent tools and keeping the referrer security tight.

I generally agree with that. As long as an admin doesn't mind managing the spam-bots that get through, or dealing with other avoidable errors, that's the way to go.

The thing is, there are YaBB forums that now operate entirely free of spam-bots. The way that's being done is what actually does work best; obviously.

What's interesting to me is to see otherwise experienced admins get so tangled up in how to stop spam-bots that they can't see the forest because of the trees.

I won't mention anyone in particular, but sometimes an admin is their own worst enemy when it comes to spam-bots (they allow them to win). Unnecessary, and puzzlingly sad.

To each their own. Wink

Morning, noon, or night, have a great one!

Note: This forum doesn't allow for us to freely edit our posts or topics to make corrections as needed, so please remember to look for subsequent posts if you see any mistakes or outdated information. Sorry for the inconvenience.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10
Topic Tools