Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Normal Topic YaBB 2.5.2 is coming - (Read 14,063 times)
Derek Bullock
Ex Member

Re: YaBB 2.5.2 is coming -
Reply #6 - Jun 22nd, 2013 at 10:20am
Post Tools
Off-Topic replies have been moved to this Topic.

IP Logged

Elrick.
YaBB Moderators
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.6.0
Reply #5 - Oct 8th, 2012 at 5:52pm
Post Tools
Can't wait for you gurus to give the green light to download and upgrade my 2.5AE and get rid of a few bugs in the process!! Shocked

You all deserve one of those....

~ Elrick ~
There is no direct experience of reality without interpretation; and all interpretation is corrupted by the cultural and personal prejudices or prejudgments of the interpreter.

IP Logged

Dandello
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.0
Reply #4 - Oct 5th, 2012 at 2:56pm
Post Tools
Yes, we're always on the look out for new Perl slaves, err, coders. Also Javascript/ajax, and skin designers.

We're in the final phase of double checking things and making 'how-to' videos for 2.5.2. And hopefully in a day or so we'll have official download links to the new release - along with some new language files and some wonderful stylesheets for customizing 2.5.2. Currently you can get the GNU tarball from http://yabb.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/yabb/branches/2.5.2/?view=tar

The Quick-Guide has been updated, and for those updating from earlier versions, the update process should be (we hope) glitch free.

For those using 2.4 - 2.4 templates are 99% compatible - literally one line of code and some additional graphics. 2.5AE templates are 100% compatible.
« Last Edit: Oct 5th, 2012 at 5:54pm by Dandello »  

If you only have one solution to a problem you're not trying hard enough!
IP Logged

The Boy

Reply #3 - Oct 5th, 2012 at 9:11am
Post Tools
AndyInSpain wrote on Oct 4th, 2012 at 3:24pm:
I'd like to put forward a big vote of thanks to all the coders, developers and anybody else involved in getting this off the ground. The skill and dedication involved in a project like this is incredible. I am so pleased to be able to tell our forum members that a new version of YaBB is out soon, because for so long they, and I, have been frustrated at not being able to do anything about the bugs they were finding in 2.4.

Many thanks to everybody for their hard work and dedication - the future looks bright!

Can't disagree with that, thanks to a very small team, YaBB is being brought back from the dead.

I believe they are always on the lookout for Perl people to lend a hand, to make releases come faster.

IP Logged

AndyInSpain

Reply #2 - Oct 4th, 2012 at 3:24pm
Post Tools
I'd like to put forward a big vote of thanks to all the coders, developers and anybody else involved in getting this off the ground. The skill and dedication involved in a project like this is incredible. I am so pleased to be able to tell our forum members that a new version of YaBB is out soon, because for so long they, and I, have been frustrated at not being able to do anything about the bugs they were finding in 2.4.

Many thanks to everybody for their hard work and dedication - the future looks bright!

Andy
The Science Forums
http://www.sciencefile.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl

Science File
http://www.sciencefile.org

IP Logged

abc2030
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #1 - Sep 6th, 2012 at 1:56pm
Post Tools
nice to hear Smiley

IP Logged

Derek Bullock
Ex Member

YaBB 2.5.2 is coming -
Jun 22nd, 2013 at 10:17am
Post Tools
Off-Topic replies have been moved to this Topic.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top