Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Topic Tools
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Images and avatars not displaying in posts (Read 2,816 times)
xnoddyx
Support Team
Documentation Team
YaBB Moderators
YaBB Next Team
Beta Testers

None
Re: Images and avatars not displaying in posts
Reply #22 - Jul 12th, 2013 at 1:57pm
Post Tools
curious aardvark wrote on Jul 12th, 2013 at 11:09am:
would that explain the difference between being logged in and not logged in ?

it can when using different templates with the css files for those templates as they load different graphics for each template from the css file set for that template take http://slinging.org/forum/yabbfiles/Templates/Forum/yabb25/yabblogo.png

as you see this wont load not 404 or a 403 forbidden but just wont show prob down to corruption and looking at it more I do say corruption as it looks that all the .png files are the same
also this is what loads for me in my pic

loading.jpg ( 350 KB | 27 Downloads )
loading.jpg

YaBB install help video
1. what yabb forum are you running and the url
2. describe in as much detail as you can what happens and also post screenshots if you can
3. please be patient we live in different time zones and have other commitments but we will help you
as bill and ted say (Be excellent to each other)
IP Logged

curious aardvark
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #21 - Jul 12th, 2013 at 11:09am
Post Tools
pretty sure I uploaded with all the correct ascii/binary etc.
I've done it that often now. 

But I'll try it again. Something's definitely screwy.

would that explain the difference between being logged in and not logged in ?
That's the bit that's throwing me. If it all showed the same regardless of whether you were logged in or not - that'd make more sense to me.

My other thought was to set up another new yabb2.5 instrallation in a seperate folder, see if it works properly and then just move the files across.

IP Logged

Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.4
Reply #20 - Jul 11th, 2013 at 8:25pm
Post Tools
xnoddyx wrote on Jul 10th, 2013 at 11:57am:
... thinking it may be file corruption down to ascii vs binary ...

This could be what's happening. I'm thinking this because ...

I did another local test of your forum by replacing your rss icon with the one our forum uses in addition to using the default1.css file that our forum uses, and your forum rendered perfectly fine.

In volunteering xnoddyx to help you out just because he's so good at it, maybe you can allow him to access your server if the rendering of your forum remains an issue. I could probably do this myself for you, but my abilities are limited versus xnoddyx's comprehensive abilities.

Morning, noon, or night, have a great one!

Note: This forum doesn't allow for us to freely edit our posts or topics to make corrections as needed, so please remember to look for subsequent posts if you see any mistakes or outdated information. Sorry for the inconvenience.
IP Logged

Dandello
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.0
Reply #19 - Jul 11th, 2013 at 3:19pm
Post Tools
Even for guests some of the graphics are missing - the RSS button is missing and a good chunk of the css is missing. If your custom template uses 'class="shadow" then what's happening is that it's not the wrong template but the wrong css file that's loaded (what's loading is default.css).

If you only have one solution to a problem you're not trying hard enough!
IP Logged

curious aardvark
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #18 - Jul 11th, 2013 at 10:46am
Post Tools
right I can post again without being told something's buggered.

Okay the situation as it stands.

If you are not logged into the forum you see the blue yabb2.5.2 template and everything works.

However, once you do login you get the standard slinging.org templates and no pictures display.
BUT IN BOTH CASES YOU ARE REFERENCING THE SAME URLS, FILES AND PATHS.
I don't think it's a cache and cookies issue.

Also in the forum control panel there is no part of the blue yabb 2.5 template setup that is selected.

IN short - if you are a visitor or guest to the forum you see a template nobody setup - but stuff displays correctly, I personally think it looks horrible
As a member you see the correct template but pictures do not display and there are various other minor weirdnesses.

I am now officially confused.

If anyone would like a username to test out this weirdness for themselves - just drop me a pm with your preferred username.
« Last Edit: Jul 11th, 2013 at 10:56am by curious aardvark »  

IP Logged

curious aardvark
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #17 - Jul 11th, 2013 at 10:43am
Post Tools
test

IP Logged

RonS2
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.5.2
Reply #16 - Jul 10th, 2013 at 1:41pm
Post Tools
curious aardvark wrote on Jul 10th, 2013 at 10:43am:
And you say you can ?

I see the images and avatars, so I guess its corrected now?

What did you do to fix it?

IP Logged

xnoddyx
Support Team
Documentation Team
YaBB Moderators
YaBB Next Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #15 - Jul 10th, 2013 at 11:57am
Post Tools
a thought just occurred to me pics like
http://slinging.org/forum/yabbfiles/Templates/Forum/yabb25/yabblogo.png

are there just wont show also in the right place as well and the CHMOD looks good as well so thinking it may be file corruption down to ascii vs binary

all photos/pics upload as binary can you try and re-upload yabb25/yabblogo.png as binary also check to see if it shows on the computer ok before the upload.

YaBB install help video
1. what yabb forum are you running and the url
2. describe in as much detail as you can what happens and also post screenshots if you can
3. please be patient we live in different time zones and have other commitments but we will help you
as bill and ted say (Be excellent to each other)
IP Logged

curious aardvark
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #14 - Jul 10th, 2013 at 10:43am
Post Tools
huh - okay that is weird.

As far as I know NOBODY on the forum can see pics and avatars. And you say you can ?

I've cleared every cache, cookie and setting on every computer I use and told everybody else to do the same.

Gone through every setting in the control panel many times.
And as previously stated paths were checked out on the previous issue.

Okay - currently got a computer I've just reinstalled windows on in my workshop - I'll see what shows up if I look at the forum with that.

IP Logged

Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.4
Reply #13 - Jul 10th, 2013 at 1:35am
Post Tools
For me, images in your forum as well as avatars are appearing just fine. Could this be a cache issue of some kind on your computer?

For instance, in this post I can see the member's avatar, and I can also see the picture they've posted.

Are you unable to see those two items?

Meanwhile, generally speaking ...

curious aardvark wrote on Jul 9th, 2013 at 8:00pm:
Any other ideas ?

If you'll allow me to guess with you ... a few places to check (based on YaBB 2.4) ...

Go to your Admin Center, then Forum Configuration, and then Forum Settings.

In the General tab, go to the following (and make sure it is checked):

"Enable if you want images in a post to appear in quotes of that post."

Another place to check is to go to to your Admin Center, then Forum Configuration, and then Advanced Settings.

In the Images tab, check all of your settings to see if any setting has been disabled.

Regarding the "Use the "greybox" for Images?", maybe trying different settings will make a difference.

Morning, noon, or night, have a great one!

Note: This forum doesn't allow for us to freely edit our posts or topics to make corrections as needed, so please remember to look for subsequent posts if you see any mistakes or outdated information. Sorry for the inconvenience.
IP Logged

RonS2
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.5.2
Reply #12 - Jul 9th, 2013 at 11:19pm
Post Tools
If you look at the link to your image you'll see the image is in the right place.
http://slinging.org/forum/yabbfiles/Attachments/DSC06596_495x600.jpg

If you look at your Paths.pl everything does look right

Code
Select All
###############################################################################
# Paths.pl                                                                    #
# YaBB: Yet another Bulletin Board                                            #
# Open-Source Community Software for Webmasters                               #
# Version:        YaBB 2.5.2                                                  #
# Packaged:       September 30, 2012                                          #
# Distributed by: http://www.yabbforum.com                                    #
# =========================================================================== #
# Copyright (c) 2000-2012  YaBB (www.yabbforum.com) - All Rights Reserved.    #
# Software by:  The YaBB Development Team                                     #
#               with assistance from the YaBB community.                      #

$lastsaved = "YaBB Administrator";
$lastdate = "1370980188";

########## Directories ##########

$boardurl = "http://slinging.org/forum"; # URL of your board's folder (without trailing '/')
$boarddir = ".";                                  # The server path to the board's folder (usually can be left as '.')
$boardsdir = "./Boards";                          # Directory with board data files
$datadir = "./Messages";                          # Directory with messages
$memberdir = "./Members";                         # Directory with member files
$sourcedir = "./Sources";                         # Directory with YaBB source files
$admindir = "./Admin";                            # Directory with YaBB admin source files
$vardir = "./Variables";                          # Directory with variable files
$langdir = "./Languages";                         # Directory with Language files and folders
$helpfile = "./Help";                             # Directory with Help files and folders
$templatesdir = "./Templates";                    # Directory with template files and folders
$htmldir = "/home/slinging/www/www/forum/yabbfiles";    # Base Path for all public-html files and folders
$facesdir = "/home/slinging/www/www/forum/yabbfiles/avatars"; # Base Path for all avatar files
$uploaddir = "/home/slinging/www/www/forum/yabbfiles/Attachments"; # Base Path for all attachment files

########## URL's ##########

$yyhtml_root = "http://slinging.org/forum/yabbfiles"; # Base URL for all html/css files and folders
$facesurl = "http://slinging.org/forum/yabbfiles/avatars"; # Base URL for all avatar files
$uploadurl = "http://slinging.org/forum/yabbfiles/Attachments"; # Base URL for all attachment files

########## Old Path Settings ################################
########## The following variables are deprecated! ##########
########## Don't use them for new code! #####################

$forumstylesdir = $htmldir . "/Templates/Forum";  # Directory with forum style files and folders
$adminstylesdir = $htmldir . "/Templates/Admin";  # Directory with admin style files and folders
$smiliesdir = $htmldir . "/Smilies";              # Base Path for all smilie files
$modimgdir = $htmldir . "/ModImages";             # Base Path for all mod images

$forumstylesurl = $yyhtml_root . "/Templates/Forum"; # Default Forum Style Directory
$adminstylesurl = $yyhtml_root . "/Templates/Admin"; # Default Admin Style Directory
$smiliesurl = $yyhtml_root . "/Smilies";          # Base URL for all smilie files
$modimgurl = $yyhtml_root . "/ModImages";         # Base URL for all mod images

1; 

Can you access your path settings through the admin center?
If so look just below this text that reads "This information may be useful for troubleshooting purposes", what path do you see there?

IP Logged

curious aardvark
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #11 - Jul 9th, 2013 at 8:00pm
Post Tools
um no - not fixed. Why do they display for you ?
pretty sure paths are correct - after all the furore with the templates issue Smiley

Quote:

yes - but the picture does not display as a picture in the thread. which it used to Smiley
We have  a lot of tutorial threads which are rendered mostly useless if you have to click on eachbloody link to see the next picture.

But I haven't re-run the maintenance controls since moving the yabbfiles directory.
BRB...

nah, that didn't do diddly.

Any other ideas ?

IP Logged

curious aardvark
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #10 - Jul 9th, 2013 at 7:59pm
Post Tools
pretty sure paths are correct - after all the furore with the templates issue Smiley

Quote:

yes - but the picture does not display as a picture in the thread. which it used to Smiley
We have  a lot of tutorial threads which are rendered mostly useless if you have to click on eachbloody link to see the next picture.

But I haven't re-run the maintenance controls since moving the yabbfiles directory.
BRB...

Any other ideas ?

IP Logged

RonS2
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.5.2
Reply #9 - Jul 9th, 2013 at 7:53pm
Post Tools
I think your path settings are wrong in Paths.pl

IP Logged

curious aardvark
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #8 - Jul 9th, 2013 at 7:48pm
Post Tools

Quote:

BRB...

Any other ideas ?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top