Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Topic Tools
 10 Dandello's Absence (Read 2,942 times)
Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.4
Re: Dandello's Absence
Reply #21 - Dec 4th, 2013 at 12:55am
Post Tools
Dandello wrote on Dec 3rd, 2013 at 9:15pm:
... and I'm again locked out.

I know this doesn't help, but I'm very irritated for you. As you well know, this has happened to me, too. Of course, and this is the irony for anyone who doesn't already know, you are the one who got through to JonB when I got locked out, and you found him at a time when he was still coming through for us.

Maybe you can get him to come back to clear out those IP addresses; all of them! Or maybe you can try to check in with Corey to see if he can finally give you full admin privileges so that this forum can have a working, and attentive admin again (including FTP access).

Morning, noon, or night, have a great one!

Note: This forum doesn't allow for us to freely edit our posts or topics to make corrections as needed, so please remember to look for subsequent posts if you see any mistakes or outdated information. Sorry for the inconvenience.
IP Logged

xnoddyx
Support Team
Documentation Team
YaBB Moderators
YaBB Next Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #20 - Dec 3rd, 2013 at 11:19pm
Post Tools
Dandello wrote on Dec 3rd, 2013 at 9:15pm:
My ISP changed my IP again (to an IP that's banned here) and I'm again locked out. ;(

Cry

YaBB install help video
1. what yabb forum are you running and the url
2. describe in as much detail as you can what happens and also post screenshots if you can
3. please be patient we live in different time zones and have other commitments but we will help you
as bill and ted say (Be excellent to each other)
IP Logged

Dandello
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.0
Reply #19 - Dec 3rd, 2013 at 9:15pm
Post Tools
My ISP changed my IP again (to an IP that's banned here) and I'm again locked out. ;(

If you only have one solution to a problem you're not trying hard enough!
IP Logged

xnoddyx
Support Team
Documentation Team
YaBB Moderators
YaBB Next Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #18 - Nov 20th, 2013 at 4:49pm
Post Tools
Bill Myers wrote on Nov 7th, 2013 at 1:14am:
Dandello wrote on Nov 7th, 2013 at 12:57am:
... I finally have a new IP address.

A silver lining. Smiley

+1 me on that

YaBB install help video
2. describe in as much detail as you can what happens and also post screenshots if you can
3. please be patient we live in different time zones and have other commitments but we will help you
IP Logged

Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.4
Reply #17 - Nov 7th, 2013 at 1:14am
Post Tools
Dandello wrote on Nov 7th, 2013 at 12:57am:
... I finally have a new IP address.

A silver lining. Smiley

Note: This forum doesn't allow for us to freely edit our posts or topics to make corrections as needed, so please remember to look for subsequent posts if you see any mistakes or outdated information. Sorry for the inconvenience.
IP Logged

Dandello
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.0
Reply #16 - Nov 7th, 2013 at 12:57am
Post Tools
After a major ISP outage (yep, somebody actually cut one of the highspeed fiber optic cables feeding the West coast of the US) AND two different router/Fios modems, I finally have a new IP address.

If you only have one solution to a problem you're not trying hard enough!
IP Logged

xnoddyx
Support Team
Documentation Team
YaBB Moderators
YaBB Next Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #15 - Aug 10th, 2013 at 5:13pm
Post Tools
Bill Myers wrote on Aug 10th, 2013 at 3:14pm:
Thank you very much for your generous offer. I may at some point take you up on it.

it is cool  Smiley and you can take me up on that offer any time.

To be blunt about my abilities, or lack thereof as it seems to be, I haven't tried installing YaBB for a while now. So maybe I'll get it right this next time around.

it may not even be a lack of abilities it may just be a small oversight as I have seen many of them i'm just that used to installing yabb I don't even think about it now.

I haven't tried installing YaBB for a while now. So maybe I'll get it right this next time around.

good luck to you and wish you every success with it. Wink

Your great support is to be applauded! YaBB is very fortunate to have your help!

thank you I just try to do what I can to help.  Smiley

YaBB install help video
IP Logged

Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.4
Reply #14 - Aug 10th, 2013 at 3:14pm
Post Tools
xnoddyx wrote on Aug 10th, 2013 at 10:27am:
... I can go over it and see where you are going wrong with it ...

Thank you very much for your generous offer. I may at some point take you up on it. To be blunt about my abilities, or lack thereof as it seems to be, I haven't tried installing YaBB for a while now. So maybe I'll get it right this next time around.

I've got a really busy day and evening coming up, so I may not be able to check in until sometime on Sunday.

Your great support is to be applauded! YaBB is very fortunate to have your help!Smiley

IP Logged

xnoddyx
Support Team
Documentation Team
YaBB Moderators
YaBB Next Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #13 - Aug 10th, 2013 at 10:27am
Post Tools
Bill Myers wrote on Aug 5th, 2013 at 11:07pm:
I really need a How To Install YaBB for Dummies tutorial.

if you need you can set one up on your host and if you have any probs with it I can go over it and see where you are going wrong with it this will then let you fix it and then retest and do that until you feel comfortable installing it with (Linux 'the main probs are CHMOD) and ascii vs binary'.

YaBB install help video
IP Logged

Derek Barnstorm
Support Team
YaBB Next Team
Development Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #12 - Aug 6th, 2013 at 4:09pm
Post Tools
Thanks for taking the time to do that, Bill. Smiley

I guess we all have our different jobs, and I'm just too wrapped up in the next release right now to worry about anything else. My apologies if it sounded like I was passing the buck or didn't care.
« Last Edit: Aug 6th, 2013 at 4:12pm by Derek Barnstorm »  

IP Logged

Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.4
Reply #11 - Aug 6th, 2013 at 3:50pm
Post Tools
I just sent Corey an email to what I think is a working address for him. He's always been responsive to me in the past, so hopefully he'll be responsive this time around as well.

Given that JonB has evidently abandoned this forum as its only admin, a responsibility that Corey had evidently delegated to him, I suggested to Corey that he give full admin access to Dandello (I referenced this post in Carsten's forum to explain my reasoning).

Let's hope for the best. Smiley

IP Logged

Derek Barnstorm
Support Team
YaBB Next Team
Development Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #10 - Aug 6th, 2013 at 12:05pm
Post Tools
I don't know. To be honest, apart from having the odd moan here and there, as long as I've got something to work on, can knock out bits of code and can have a bit of a giggle with my small circle of 'YaBB friends' then I'm a happy man in my own little bubble.

I'll leave the politics to others. Smiley

IP Logged

WestwegoMan
Beta Testers

None
Reply #9 - Aug 6th, 2013 at 2:55am
Post Tools
Derek Barnstorm wrote on Aug 5th, 2013 at 11:15pm:
It's just a shame that these things even have to be mentioned in the first place.

So true!

Has anyone tried to contact Corey. This has gone on way too long.

<div class=
IP Logged

Derek Barnstorm
Support Team
YaBB Next Team
Development Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #8 - Aug 5th, 2013 at 11:15pm
Post Tools
Bill Myers wrote on Aug 5th, 2013 at 11:07pm:
I hope I'm making some sense here. After all, this is the 7th paragraph in my post.

You're making total sense, Bill. Smiley

It's just a shame that these things even have to be mentioned in the first place.

IP Logged

Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.4
Reply #7 - Aug 5th, 2013 at 11:07pm
Post Tools
I'm happy to see Dandello posting again! Cool

As for beta testing the new version of YaBB, I'm afraid my ignorance regarding the installation process will keep me from doing that; at least until I can figure it all out again.

I really need a How To Install YaBB for Dummies tutorial. Roll Eyes

Not to take away from all that JonB has done to keep this forum operational, because in fact he alone as its admin actually kept it going for a while, but he deserves to take an official break from his duties ... if he so chooses. After all, he's already chosen to take a voluntary break from YaBB. So ...

At some point I'd like to see Dandello as the head admin with others to be backup admins as needed or desired. Derek made a valid distinction about having an admin account "for testing purposes" only, which of course is a very pragmatic thing to do as he pointed out. My suggestion is to more or less mirror that administrative function here in this forum so that he can use his admin privileges to step in as needed or desired by YaBB's head admin.

I'd actually feel better about it if YaBB team members like xnoddyx and others were given admin access as well. For logistical reasons, only the head admin would actually be "on duty" as it were. At the same time, kind of like how YaBB's moderators at some point seemed to take shifts based on where they lived, it could be very helpful for an admin to be on duty when a quick fix was needed.

I hope I'm making some sense here. After all, this is the 7th paragraph in my post. Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Topic Tools
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top