Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Normal Topic Why can I not log in to the Afghanistan Online Discusson Forums ? (Read 1,944 times)
CA. Shyamal Mitra
YaBB Newcomer

Why can I not log in to the Afghanistan Online Discusson Forums ?
Aug 9th, 2013 at 1:00pm
Post Tools
I had joined this forum primarily to contribute to the Afghanistan Online Discussion Forums which showed me some quotes reportedly of a Dubai based Afghan logistics contractor to the USAF HQ at Bagram (Parwan). I wanted to add a few lines of mine on his overstated reports of losses incurred on his firm's trucking missions for the viewers to know better of the ground reality at Kabul. Unfortunately the effort seems to have gone wasted as I simply can not log in to the Afghanistan Online Discussion Forums with my user ID and password registered here. Any help? Embarrassed

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.4
Re: Why can I not log in to the Afghanistan Online Discusson Forums ?
Reply #1 - Aug 9th, 2013 at 1:47pm
Post Tools
You should be able to reset your password here on this page at that site. Smiley

If you're still having difficulty, it appears that this may be their contact page for help. Smiley

« Last Edit: Aug 9th, 2013 at 1:50pm by Bill Myers »  

Morning, noon, or night, have a great one!

Note: This forum doesn't allow for us to freely edit our posts or topics to make corrections as needed, so please remember to look for subsequent posts if you see any mistakes or outdated information. Sorry for the inconvenience.
IP Logged

CA. Shyamal Mitra
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #2 - Aug 9th, 2013 at 7:43pm
Post Tools
Dear Bill I thank you for your reply to my post and the link to enable me to reset my password in the Afghanistan Online Discussion Forum webpage. However my clicking on to that link did not open the gates there. It first resulted in popping up of a dialog box on that webpage with two fields for entering my User ID/email/name and a security code (I.P.verification Captcha Code type) which after my correct entries returned an error message "Username / Password mismatch. The Username you specified does not exist or you entered a wrong password." So I am back to square one! Cry

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.4
Reply #3 - Aug 9th, 2013 at 10:07pm
Post Tools

There could be a number of reasons why you got that error message. Thankfully, this page provides an email address you can use to contact that forum's administrator. Just let SARDAR know what's going on, and he'll surely get back to you in a timely fashion.

If it helps at all, and to maybe speed things along for you, I've sent Sardar an email to let him know about this discussion.

Note: This forum doesn't allow for us to freely edit our posts or topics to make corrections as needed, so please remember to look for subsequent posts if you see any mistakes or outdated information. Sorry for the inconvenience.
IP Logged

CA. Shyamal Mitra
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #4 - Aug 10th, 2013 at 7:43pm
Post Tools
That was extremely gracious on your part Bill, to have sent a mail to Mr. Sardar for my benefit! I am ever grateful to you! In the meanwhile, I had clicked on to your second link of your earlier mail afterwards, and it had opened the Moderator's webpage of the Afghanistan Online Discussion Forums, Mr. Abdullah Qazi. I had sent him a mail from my Outlook mailbox on this subject and he was prompt in replying to me and telling me the reason why I did not have the registration option to exercise on his webpage. It was because he is overhauling his site's IT structure these days and for that he has stopped new registrations. However he was kind enough to ask me to send him my desired username and password which he shall use to create my account and inform me when created. I have sent him my particulars.

Thank you Bill Myers once again, and please accept my regards. Smiley

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.4
Reply #5 - Aug 11th, 2013 at 4:05pm
Post Tools
Abdullah seems like a nice guy, and he's obviously very responsive. He sent me a confirmation message yesterday to let me know that he would be setting you up with an account, which of course you already know. I only opened his message to read it this morning because I was quite busy all day yesterday.

I'm glad it worked out for you. Thanks for letting us know. Smiley

My suggestion to all YaBB admins who aren't already doing it is to provide an easy way for guests and members to contact you about your forum.

Hint: Along with YaBB's copyright information at the bottom of your forum, provide a contact page link or email address (your email address can remain hidden as a clickable link). Include your contact information in your Help section, as a menu tab in your forum, and prominently display it in your forum's User Agreement as well.

IP Logged

CA. Shyamal Mitra
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #6 - Aug 12th, 2013 at 5:44pm
Post Tools
Hello Bill!

Sorry to disturb you again as I do not have any other option open to put forward my teething troubles as a newbie to this forum as I am yet to qualify to write or reply to any post addressed to me, as it appears now.

You see Bill, the matter with Afghanistan Online Discussion Forums is more or less resolved as I got a mail from Mr. Abdullah Qazi in my Outlook inbox telling me to get set and go with my requested user ID and password and i was able to visit his site and log in. I saw a welcome post from me from the Moderator Mr. Sardar himself! I wanted to write a line of appreciation and clicked the 'Reply' radio button and poof! Embarrassed I was shown the door by a pop up that as a newbie I did not merit that honor before I posted five times in that forum! How does a newbie , my dear Bill, post five messages without having the right to post his first?

I then decided to get back to the YaBB Community webpage and after logging in saw another welcome message from our moderator/administrator Cory Chapman welcoming me. Encouraged by that message, I clicked on to the 'Reply' radio button and got myself shot out for the second time here for the very same reasons at the Afghanistan discussion page.

The question is how do I reply to Cory Chapman here and to Sardar there? Also, how by the mercy of the Almighty, was I able to post my first message here to which you had responded after my registration?

Sorry for bothering you repeatedly and testing your patience.

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.4
Reply #7 - Aug 12th, 2013 at 8:01pm
Post Tools
You're always welcome in this forum. Smiley

I think the default setting for all YaBB forums is to require a minimum number of posts before a member can send a personal message to other members. I can't remember what the minimum number of posts is, but I think it may be 5. That of course can be changed, but that's up to each admin in their respective forums.

So in this forum, for instance, your next post will give you 5 posts, so you should be able to reply to Corey's welcome message after that.

Just so you know, the welcome messages you received in both this forum, and the Afghanistan Online Discussion Forum are automated messages. I think in this forum, even though Corey's name is listed, the current admin is JonB. If I'm correct about this, JonB is the one who would actually get your reply.

Not to complicate things for you, but as it happens, both Corey and JonB have been absentee from this forum for a while now, so it's unlikely you'll get a timely reply from either of them. But not to worry. After all, there are other YaBB staffers on duty, and there are also regular members like me who will be happy to give you help.

In any case, you can of course post your comments in this forum. You should be able to do the same in the Afghanistan Online Discussion Forum.

Have fun using YaBB! Wink
« Last Edit: Aug 12th, 2013 at 8:04pm by Bill Myers »  

IP Logged

CA. Shyamal Mitra
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #8 - Aug 13th, 2013 at 7:55pm
Post Tools
Thanks again Bill Myers and God bless you!

I had read somewhere in the Good News from the Almighty the line "Knock knock and thou shall be answered!" And so it actually is! My persistence in pestering you knows no bounds and neither does your kind nature have any limits!

So be it! Forever yours in gratitude!

CA. Shyamal Mitra - New Delhi.

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools