Topic Tools
Normal Topic Virus (Read 390 times)
gigih
YaBB Newcomer

None
Virus
Aug 21st, 2013 at 9:30pm
Post Tools
Help. I have a virus that has infected my site. It is replicating itself and downloading onto users computers. My host says I need to download ALL of my files, scan them and then re-upload. Any other suggestions?

IP Logged

Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.5
Re: Virus
Reply #1 - Aug 21st, 2013 at 10:41pm
Post Tools
A good host will have monitoring in place that automatically scans the server you're being hosted on, so you need to kindly remind them to please make sure your server is free from any viruses.

Keep in mind that the virus duplicating itself may not have been a result of your site. Another site could have been infected first, and then yours. Also, because of the way your host responded, they may very well be getting viruses on other servers that are infecting their entire network.

Suggestions: Use a good anti-virus software on your local computer(s). If your host isn't appropriately responsive by taking responsibility for making sure the server you're on isn't being infected with viruses, moving to a new host would be the prudent thing to do.

Good luck!

Morning, noon, or night, have a great one!

Note: This forum doesn't allow for us to freely edit our posts or topics to make corrections as needed, so please remember to look for subsequent posts if you see any mistakes or outdated information. Sorry for the inconvenience.
IP Logged

xnoddyx
Support Team
Documentation Team
YaBB Moderators
YaBB Next Team
Beta Testers

None
Re: Virus
Reply #2 - Aug 21st, 2013 at 11:53pm
Post Tools
gigih wrote on Aug 21st, 2013 at 9:30pm:
Help. I have a virus that has infected my site. It is replicating itself and downloading onto users computers. My host says I need to download ALL of my files, scan them and then re-upload. Any other suggestions?

you can email me your forums url and also admin login info for the forum I will see what I can do for you. or just email me the url to the forum and I will see if I can find the malicious code in the forum for you.

YaBB install help video
1. what yabb forum are you running and the url
2. describe in as much detail as you can what happens and also post screenshots if you can
3. please be patient we live in different time zones and have other commitments but we will help you
as bill and ted say (Be excellent to each other)
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top