Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Normal Topic Boards not visibles (Read 463 times)
the apprentice

YaBB 2.6.0
Boards not visibles
Sep 22nd, 2013 at 9:19pm
Post Tools

After various years using this forum, today I've noticed, after the logout, that my boards where not visible.
I'm used not to log-out so I didn't realize that! I couldn't say how log my boards have been not readable to all the users!

During the latest week I realized no more users visiting my forum boards and I decided to make a restyling and apply some novelties to the forum, but no result: no improvement! Also Google had some problems one month ago!
Now I can understand, but which problem is going on?

Firstly I must tell all the general permission setting look ok, ...and I don't know what to do!

...a little backwards: what I can tell is that in the restyling I have, finally, set up the categories for my boards, placing all the boards in two different categories. Can be possible any problem related to this change?

Setting the categories (some minutes ago) in order to get a solution to my problem, I've also set the 'read' permissions on, for all the users, both in the categories and in all the related boards.
I've also checked on the 'show to all' option. All that without any result.

Which are the options that can affect the user's access to the boards?

What about me to re-install all the forum and reset all the general options & all the files permissions?

Can all that provide a solution to this issue?

Thanks

IP Logged

Derek Barnstorm
Support Team
YaBB Next Team
Development Team
Beta Testers

None
Re: Boards not visibles
Reply #1 - Sep 23rd, 2013 at 8:57am
Post Tools
Hi,

A couple of things to check: When editing your categories make sure that no groups are selected under 'Allowed to View/See Category'. If you select all of the groups, then only those groups can view the category and not guests.

And the same thing for 'Allowed to view topics' under Edit Boards. Selecting any of the groups means that they won't be viewable to guests.
« Last Edit: Sep 23rd, 2013 at 9:00am by Derek Barnstorm »  

IP Logged

the apprentice

YaBB 2.6.0
Reply #2 - Sep 23rd, 2013 at 9:58am
Post Tools

Many thanks, although I already had got solution: this was exatly the origin of my problem.

Also previously I noticed that giving permissions to the groups, the boards were no more visible. I find all that a little strange (that is I can't understand why)!

I had selected and highlighted the category groups to give all the groups the 'read' permissions; removing that the problem is over.
At now the same permissions is set on in the forum boards groups and it doesn't look to produce any problem, so I dont' know if it is useful to remove groups permissions also there, leaving empty (not selected) all the related space.
Thanks

IP Logged

Derek Barnstorm
Support Team
YaBB Next Team
Development Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #3 - Sep 23rd, 2013 at 2:20pm
Post Tools
the apprentice wrote on Sep 23rd, 2013 at 9:58am:
Also previously I noticed that giving permissions to the groups, the boards were no more visible. I find all that a little strange (that is I can't understand why)!

I had selected and highlighted the category groups to give all the groups the 'read' permissions; removing that the problem is over.

A few people have been confused by that, but it makes sense really that only the groups selected will be able to view them.

the apprentice wrote on Sep 23rd, 2013 at 9:58am:
At now the same permissions is set on in the forum boards groups and it doesn't look to produce any problem, so I dont' know if it is useful to remove groups permissions also there, leaving empty (not selected) all the related space.

That depends entirely on how you want your board set up. As long as the 'Show to all?' option is checked then everyone will be able to view the boards on the forum index, but only those in the selected groups will be able to view the topics within it. Anyone else will receive a 'You are not allowed to access this section.' System Information error when clicking on the board link.

I hope that makes sense to you.
« Last Edit: Sep 23rd, 2013 at 4:21pm by Derek Barnstorm »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top