Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Normal Topic A new file each second in Messages folder (Read 689 times)
xnoddyx
Support Team
Documentation Team
YaBB Moderators
YaBB Next Team
Beta Testers

None
Re: A new file each second in Messages folder
Reply #5 - Sep 27th, 2013 at 12:46am
Post Tools
StPenchev wrote on Sep 26th, 2013 at 2:31pm:
Thank you for your help.
All is done.
Now i will expect the results Smiley
If the problem persists, i will write.
Thank you again.

it is cool and hope it was of help to you and that your forum is running good for you once again.

YaBB install help video
1. what yabb forum are you running and the url
2. describe in as much detail as you can what happens and also post screenshots if you can
3. please be patient we live in different time zones and have other commitments but we will help you
as bill and ted say (Be excellent to each other)
IP Logged

StPenchev
YaBB Newcomer

None
Reply #4 - Sep 26th, 2013 at 2:31pm
Post Tools
Thank you for your help.
All is done.
Now i will expect the results Smiley
If the problem persists, i will write.
Thank you again.

IP Logged

xnoddyx
Support Team
Documentation Team
YaBB Moderators
YaBB Next Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #3 - Sep 24th, 2013 at 11:55am
Post Tools
Hi StPenchev

I checked with Development what I got back was
Quote:
your bot list has gotten emptied or corrupted so bots are being identified as guests. And since bots go through everything they can reach, they're triggering things they shouldn't be able to trigger.

here is a copy of a bot list from this post download bots.hosts.txt on your computer rename it to bots.hosts in cgi-bin/yabb2/Variables/ on your host look for bots.hosts and remove this then upload the new one to cgi-bin/yabb2/Variables/ and CHMOD the file to 644

hope this is of help to you

bots_hosts.txt ( 3 KB | 53 Downloads )

YaBB install help video
2. describe in as much detail as you can what happens and also post screenshots if you can
3. please be patient we live in different time zones and have other commitments but we will help you
IP Logged

StPenchev
YaBB Newcomer

None
Reply #2 - Sep 24th, 2013 at 6:32am
Post Tools
StPenchev wrote Yesterday at 3:10pm:
Please help. I do not know which is the reason, but this is not normal i think. Sometimes there are 10-15 files generated in 1 second - "*.mail" The *.ctb are generated each second, or at longest each minute.

xnoddyx: this is normal as when a member makes a post or adds a notification on a new post then the files are written to.

Reply - But there is no new post, no change on the current post?
I think you are right - the new .ctb is generated with the increase of views...

The interesting think is that before June there was no such an activity, and no such a great quantity of new files written in this folder. Or the old are deleted ?

Thank you very much for your help and explanations.
« Last Edit: Sep 24th, 2013 at 6:33am by StPenchev »  

IP Logged

xnoddyx
Support Team
Documentation Team
YaBB Moderators
YaBB Next Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #1 - Sep 23rd, 2013 at 8:22pm
Post Tools
this is what the files are for

will use one that you have posted

ok you will have

1298651095.txt = this is the file with the forum posts in it and will look like
Code
Select All
Aktueller Support|*Anonymos*|anonymos@online.de|09/10/01 um 01:37:26|Anonymos|question|0|62.146.4.109|Text bla bla||
Re: Aktueller Support|Daicogra|daicogra@irgendwas.de|09/10/01 um 13:04:14|admin|xx|0|213.222.138.74|bla bla bla||  

1298651095.ctb = this is the file with the forum Topic info in it and will look like
Code
Select All
### ThreadID: 1239494700, LastModified: Sat, 11 Oct 2008 22:04:02 +0000 ###

'board',"general"
'replies',"0"
'views',"0"
'lastposter',"admin"
'lastpostdate',"1239494700"
'threadstatus',""
'repliers',"1239494700|admin|0"

so you won't have a 1298651095.ctb without a 1298651095.txt file
as to 1298651095.mail you will have this when a member askes the forum to send them a notification on a new post on that Topic.

1298651095.mail = this is the file with the forum notification on a new post info in it and will look like
Code
Select All
*Anonymos*	English|1|0|Daicogra	English|1|1

StPenchev wrote on Sep 23rd, 2013 at 2:10pm:
Please help. I do not know which is the reason, but this is not normal i think. Sometimes there are 10-15 files generated in 1 second - "*.mail" The *.ctb are generated each second, or at longest each minute.

this is normal as when a member makes a post or adds a notification on a new post then the files are written to.

StPenchev wrote on Sep 23rd, 2013 at 2:10pm:
Mostly the bots are Googlebot, Mail.ru, Yandex.ru, MJ12bot, Bingbot...

I will have to check this but yes when a guests or members or bots visit a post then the info file for that post *.ctb will have the 'views',"0" info updated to 'views',"1" and so on.

YaBB install help video
IP Logged

StPenchev
YaBB Newcomer

None
A new file each second in Messages folder
Sep 23rd, 2013 at 2:10pm
Post Tools
Hi All,

I do not know whether this is the right place for posting our problem, so excuse me if im wrong and move it to the appropriate board.

We are supporting our forum for printers here:
Arbikas dot com - > Forum

From June this year in the Messages folder more and more new files appear. Each month more frequentry these new files are generated. Now a new file is created merely each second. The files are either "*.ctb" or *.mail*. The interesting thing is that there are no new posts or any other activity in the forum (checking the lastmodified argument). Checking in the activity log of our site we found that each file is generated when a bot crawls it. For instance:

File: 1298651095.ctb

Contents of file:
### ThreadID: 1298651095, LastModified: Mon, 23 Sep 2013 15:00:07 +0000 ###

'board',"mfd"
'replies',"14"
'views',"2331"
'lastposter',"vladoF"
'lastpostdate',"1304923071"
'threadstatus',"0l"
'repliers',"1379343359|riot_id|0"

But " LastModified: Mon, 23 Sep 2013 15:00:07" is not true - there are no new replies or whatever new activity?
Checking the access log it appears:
65.55.24.238 - - [23/Sep/2013:15:00:06 +0300] "GET /cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1298651095 HTTP/1.1" 200 90293 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; bingbot/2.0; ......)"

The same threadID... Bing has crawled this topic, and a new ctb file was generated. Why?

Mostly the bots are Googlebot, Mail.ru, Yandex.ru, MJ12bot, Bingbot...

Please advice.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top