Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Normal Topic Lost all my attachments... (Read 277 times)
Dandello
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.0
Re: Lost all my attachments...
Reply #3 - Dec 2nd, 2013 at 4:14pm
Post Tools
I'm sure xnoddyx will get you squared away, assuming you have a backup of your forum from the original server so the attachment files haven't been lost altogether.

In the meantime, what I think happened: there are two addresses for both Avatars and Attachments - the folder location on the server and the URL. If one is wrong YaBB can't find what it's looking for and defaults into assuming the files are missing or the links have been removed therefore the files should be removed to save space.

2: Windows is not case sensitive but Linux is - if the file path in Paths.pl was something like 'public_html/yabbfiles/Attachments' and the URL was 'www.mydomain/yabbfiles/attachments:  In Windows those point to the same place, but not in Linux.

If you only have one solution to a problem you're not trying hard enough!
IP Logged

xnoddyx
Support Team
Documentation Team
YaBB Moderators
YaBB Next Team
Beta Testers

None
Reply #2 - Dec 2nd, 2013 at 7:26am
Post Tools
AngusCS wrote on Dec 2nd, 2013 at 4:53am:
Dear All

I have recently moved a YaBB 2.5.2 install from Apache on Windows to Apache on Linux.

Did the thing with CHMOD, changed the Perl bang and changed the paths and most things came in really easily.

But I have no attachments in my posts.  The path to the folder was incorrect (I had to put in the absolute path not the public_html path) to find the directory.  It can see it, it can see there are files but the are not associated with the posts (and every post now has a line at the bottom saying attachment deleted - if there was an attachment it has the filename, but if not there is still a line saying that the attachment is deleted).

If I run the attachment text rebuild, it says there are no attachments in posts and deletes all the attachments from the Attachments folder....  Aaaarg...

Gus

Hi AngusCS can you pm me a link to a zip or ftp info so I can download a backup of you forum that has not been setup on your new sever and I will have a look for you.

YaBB install help video
1. what yabb forum are you running and the url
2. describe in as much detail as you can what happens and also post screenshots if you can
3. please be patient we live in different time zones and have other commitments but we will help you
as bill and ted say (Be excellent to each other)
IP Logged

AngusCS
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #1 - Dec 2nd, 2013 at 6:46am
Post Tools
I have found this post from 2008...  Do we have a similar issue?

http://www.yabbforum.com/community/YaBB.pl?num=1214147479/0#0

Learning....

IP Logged

AngusCS
YaBB Newcomer

Lost all my attachments...
Dec 2nd, 2013 at 4:53am
Post Tools
Dear All

I have recently moved a YaBB 2.5.2 install from Apache on Windows to Apache on Linux.

Did the thing with CHMOD, changed the Perl bang and changed the paths and most things came in really easily.

But I have no attachments in my posts.  The path to the folder was incorrect (I had to put in the absolute path not the public_html path) to find the directory.  It can see it, it can see there are files but the are not associated with the posts (and every post now has a line at the bottom saying attachment deleted - if there was an attachment it has the filename, but if not there is still a line saying that the attachment is deleted).

If I run the attachment text rebuild, it says there are no attachments in posts and deletes all the attachments from the Attachments folder....  Aaaarg...

Gus

Learning....

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top