Topic Tools
 10 Password (Read 1,221 times)
xpgu
YaBB Newcomer

None
Re: Password
Reply #4 - Dec 11th, 2013 at 3:17pm
Post Tools
Well, the email is corrected because I have only two email addresses and none of them are recognized by the forum. So, please Andem, go ahead with my verification as the owner of the forum. Thanks.

IP Logged

Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.4
Reply #3 - Dec 11th, 2013 at 6:43am
Post Tools
andem wrote on Dec 11th, 2013 at 6:27am:
... if by some chance that email is no longer available...

On that note, if there's only one admin in a forum, at least one other additional admin account should be created in the event the main admin account gets corrupted or becomes inaccessible because an email address is no longer available. That way, quick and easy fixes can be made via whichever admin account is still working.

Morning, noon, or night, have a great one!

Note: This forum doesn't allow for us to freely edit our posts or topics to make corrections as needed, so please remember to look for subsequent posts if you see any mistakes or outdated information. Sorry for the inconvenience.
IP Logged

andem
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #2 - Dec 11th, 2013 at 6:27am
Post Tools
Bill is right on time here. The only problem with this method is if by some chance that email is no longer available...

There is a work around for that issue (email unavailable or typed in wrong) but I would not want to put that out there unless I could positively ID you as the for sure owner of the board...  Cool

IP Logged

Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.4
Reply #1 - Dec 11th, 2013 at 5:02am
Post Tools
xpgu wrote on Dec 11th, 2013 at 2:22am:
I forgot my password as admin for my YaBB forum. There is some way to recover it?
Undecided

You can't really recover your password, but you can reset it to gain access. Just click Login on your forum's menu, and then click the Forgot Password? link. An automated message will be sent to your email address, which will contain a link to reset your password.

Morning, noon, or night, have a great one!

Note: This forum doesn't allow for us to freely edit our posts or topics to make corrections as needed, so please remember to look for subsequent posts if you see any mistakes or outdated information. Sorry for the inconvenience.
IP Logged

xpgu
YaBB Newcomer

None
Password
Dec 11th, 2013 at 2:22am
Post Tools
I forgot my password as admin for my YaBB forum. There is some way to recover it?
Undecided

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top