Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Normal Topic Script can't 'require' file from directory (Read 2,849 times)
MaxPower3000
YaBB Newcomer

Script can't 'require' file from directory
Jan 4th, 2014 at 8:50am
Post Tools
Hello! I decided to move my YaBB forum from my current $45 VPS to $5 Digital Ocean VPS. I managed to install PHP, MySQL and Perl on Ubuntu. I tried to copy the forum to the new location, but got '500 error'. Then I tried to make fresh install and get the following error:

Software error:
Can't locate ./Sources/Subs.pl in @INC (@INC contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.14.2 /usr/local/share/perl/5.14.2 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.14 /usr/share/perl/5.14 /usr/local/lib/site_perl . /etc/apache2 ./Modules) at /var/www/cgi-bin/Setup.pl line 70.

and if I go to

require "$sourcedir/Subs.pl";

and change it to

require "/var/www/cgi-bin/Sources/Subs.pl";

error changes to

Can't locate ./Sources/System.pl in @INC (@INC contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.14.2 /usr/local/share/perl/5.14.2 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.14 /usr/share/perl/5.14 /usr/local/lib/site_perl . /etc/apache2 ./Modules) at /var/www/cgi-bin/Setup.pl line 71.

So AFAIU the problem is that Perl script can't 'require' file from indicated directory. How do I fix this? I read about FindBin, but I'd like the script to work out of the box.

P.S. 'Hello world' perl script works perfectly.

IP Logged

Elfen

Re: Script can't 'require' file from directory
Reply #1 - Jan 10th, 2014 at 10:34pm
Post Tools
Change back the changes you may have and look into the file Paths.pl

Check the file and make the changes there; replace './' with your directory information.

Also check your board URLs in the Paths.pl file.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools