Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Normal Topic Unable to access Admin (Read 475 times)
Elfen

Re: Unable to access Admin
Reply #7 - Jan 28th, 2014 at 10:22pm
Post Tools
That would be your browser's cache saving pages for faster access.

In this situation it would be be best to clear the cache to fix this problem.

IP Logged

ramjet
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #6 - Jan 24th, 2014 at 10:52am
Post Tools
I've solved the 502 Server Error when accessing 'Advanced Settings' by using this thread - http://www.yabbforum.com/community/YaBB.pl?num=1245253277
It was the quota code which I just commented out!
The only thing now is generally intermittent 502 server errors on the Forum which can usually be cleared by just refreshing the screen, just wondering why I get them?

Roger

IP Logged

ramjet
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #5 - Jan 23rd, 2014 at 7:00pm
Post Tools
OK, I've managed to get everything working!   Smiley
I'm still getting lots of Server 502 errors though, is this a matter for my hosting company?
I'm completely unable to access 'Advanced Settings' as I get 502 server errors every time!  Angry

The Boards not showing was because a couple of files hadn't transferred over to the upgraded Forum.

Roger

IP Logged

ramjet
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #4 - Jan 22nd, 2014 at 11:02pm
Post Tools
Hi, is there any chance I can get some help with my Forum?
I thought now might be a good time to upgrade my Forum to 2.5.2.
I've followed the upgrade procedure in the yabb quick start guide. Unfortunately my Forum Boards that I had before are not showing up on my new Forum, I've only got the attached image as my Forum.
Also, I keep getting 502 server errors.
If I try going to Advanced settings I get 502 Server errors every time!

All my users exist & my posts exist, the old Boards don't, nearly all my Forum posts seem to be in the recycle bin!

Help!!

Cheers, Roger

Forumnew.jpg ( 266 KB | 8 Downloads )
Forumnew.jpg
IP Logged

Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.4
Reply #3 - Jan 22nd, 2014 at 9:30pm
Post Tools
Just so you know, there's actually no such thing as unlimited space even though in practice your space should grow as it's needed since that's what your host offers. However, you may still be temporarily out of space despite that offer, so you may want to check it.

Generally speaking with the kind of problem you've described, there's not enough space for YaBB to update its files, which will result in missing or zeroed-out data.

On our own server each of the sites my company hosts on it has "unlimited space" in terms of how much data a site can have, but the server itself of course has limited space on it.

I've had this problem exactly as you described it with one site in particular that has a YaBB forum. The site's older backups weren't being deleted, and rotated in with new backups, so the server's space was used up very quickly (getting jammed up every day). Thankfully, however, the techs with the hosting company that manages our server saw exactly what was happening, and they quickly fixed it with scheduled deletions of older backups of the site.

Then again, in your case this exact problem could be caused by something else. If that's the case, then hopefully somebody will come along who can provide you with a real solution.

You might get a more timely response over at Carsten's YaBB Mod Forum or Dandello's YaBB 2.5.4 Alpha (RC1) forum.

Good luck!

Edited:
Regarding your admin file, I hope the following can help (reading the full discussion is advised):

xnoddyx wrote on Sep 18th, 2013 at 10:32am:
if you can ftp into your forum and look for cgi-binyabb2Membersadmin.vars if it is there then look to see if the size is 0KB if it is check that you have hdd space on your host and then upload a copy from a backup if you don't have that then goto YaBB Archived Downloads and download your forum version and upload the admin.vars from there.
« Last Edit: Jan 22nd, 2014 at 9:38pm by Bill Myers »  

Morning, noon, or night, have a great one!

Note: This forum doesn't allow for us to freely edit our posts or topics to make corrections as needed, so please remember to look for subsequent posts if you see any mistakes or outdated information. Sorry for the inconvenience.
IP Logged

ramjet
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #2 - Jan 22nd, 2014 at 8:01pm
Post Tools
Bill Myers wrote on Jan 22nd, 2014 at 7:34pm:
This may be an issue with running out of space, which can usually be resolved by archiving, and/or deleting site and/or forum backups.

Thanks for the reply Bill,
I don't think it's a space issue as I have unlimited space with my hosting company.
It's not a large Forum either.
My suspicion is permissions but I've had a look at my control panel on my hosting account and everything looks fine, that's why I'm stumped!

Cheers, Roger

IP Logged

Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.4
Reply #1 - Jan 22nd, 2014 at 7:34pm
Post Tools
This may be an issue with running out of space, which can usually be resolved by archiving, and/or deleting site and/or forum backups.

Morning, noon, or night, have a great one!

Note: This forum doesn't allow for us to freely edit our posts or topics to make corrections as needed, so please remember to look for subsequent posts if you see any mistakes or outdated information. Sorry for the inconvenience.
IP Logged

ramjet
YaBB Newcomer

Unable to access Admin
Jan 22nd, 2014 at 5:45pm
Post Tools
Hi there, I'm stumped!
I was using my Forum OK although with intermittent 502 server errors.
I did a screen refresh during one of these 502 server errors and now my main admin account no longer exists! it says 'ex-user'.
I've put my Forum in maintenance mode, but I can't log in.
I've tried changing settings.pl to use another existing admin account & password but still can't log in. The username/password isn't recognised.
Permissions look OK.
Any ideas/help would be appreciated.

I'm using YaBB 2.4 on a Windows Host.

MTIA, Roger

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top