Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools
Normal Topic Admin Center - YaBB Version information - Chrome Browser (Read 374 times)
JonB
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.0
Re: Admin Center - YaBB Version information - Chrome Browser
Reply #2 - Mar 13th, 2014 at 7:42pm
Post Tools
I think its a function of checking for proxy servers and/or spoofing, but I don't actually know. I think I know why I got it.

My external IP changed between the request and the delivery and it was not a page that made the request, rather a process called from within a page. (the page - which works by refreshes - behaves, but the 'handed off process' is unaware of the return IP target changes.

Soooo - yes it has to do with refreshing the page and the out-of-snyc (actaully asynchronous) process that is embedded in the page. The process has a dependency on teh page which is temporarily unreliable.

In my case critical stations have truly redundant Internet.  Externally, they seem to be an fixed IPs - BUT - there is a fancy-ass gigagbit multi-wan router/shaper that uses multiple carriers to load-balance and have failover.  That box farms out requests to the best transporter working like an in-line proxy server then hands then back on 4 separate subnets that all have different characteristics. Whatever Smiley

Shocked

I find your lack of faith disturbing.
IP Logged

Dandello
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.0
Re: Admin Center - YaBB Version information - Chrome Browser
Reply #1 - Mar 13th, 2014 at 1:24pm
Post Tools
Actually, I can get the same error in FireFox by refreshing the Admin Center page. (Going to do more checking.)

Edited:
After changing the address of the javascript to the one on yabbforumsoftware.com, the javascript reloads properly - even on a different server. So it and of looks like there's block from yabbforum.com to keep the file from being hit too often?
« Last Edit: Mar 13th, 2014 at 1:39pm by Dandello »  

If you only have one solution to a problem you're not trying hard enough!
IP Logged

JonB
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.0
Admin Center - YaBB Version information - Chrome Browser
Mar 13th, 2014 at 2:51am
Post Tools
In the Admin Center Index and at the top of the detailed version check, Chrome & opera there is an intermittent Error - Remote Server not Available. I'm pretty sure I know the primary cause and why those two browsers are affected, bu I do not know the mechanism in the browser.

DetailedVesrionCheck_RemoteError-Chrome-Opera.png (Attachment deleted)
TheRemoteServerIsNoTAvailable.png (Attachment deleted)

I find your lack of faith disturbing.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Topic Tools

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top