Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
There are no actions to perform.
Normal Topic Google Crawl Errors (Read 1,017 times)
donjusko
YaBB Newcomer

Google Crawl Errors
May 7th, 2014 at 11:43pm
I was ready to shut down this forum but John said not to.
https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/crawl-errors?hl=en&siteUrl=http://realco...
Access denied errors
In general, Google discovers content by following links from one page to another. To crawl a page, Googlebot must be able to access it. If you’re seeing unexpected Access Denied errors, it may be for the following reasons:
     • Googlebot couldn’t access a URL on your site because your site requires users to log in to view all or some of your content.

robots.txt file
Blocked URLs
Downloaded
Status
http://realcolorwheel.com/robots.txt
May 6, 2014
200 (Success)
http://realcolorwheel.com/robots.txt content - edit to test changes

(John made these changes, robots.tex files have always been a problem for me.
J.McCabe Webmaster, founder and CEO CyberWebs WD.)

# Allows all robots

User-agent: *
Disallow: /*action=viewdownloads
Disallow: /*action=ml

robots.txt file
Blocked URLs
Downloaded
Status
http://realcolorwheel.com/robots.txt
May 6, 2014
200 (Success)
http://realcolorwheel.com/robots.txt content - edit to test changes

I'm enclosing a screen shot of my errors today. I'm still concerned because the errors are not going away.
I don't want to block anyone from viewing anything, I just want to stop anyone from posting that isn't a member. I think John set it up so I could stop anyone from being a member but I don't know how that works.  Undecided

From 4-9-14 at "0" to "182" on 4-29-14. It raises every day.
5-6-14, Access Denied= 160 (it went down a little)
That's not very good, does anyone have any ideas about what I should do? Or should I do nothing?

5-7-14CrawlErrors.jpg (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

Dandello
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.1
Re: Google Crawl Errors
Reply #1 - May 7th, 2014 at 11:58pm
Not found errors are more of an issue than access denied - accessed denied means Google was trying to get into places where it needed to be logged in as a member. What's more curious is that something seems to have happened around Apr 12 that started Google trying to access the denied sections.

If you only have one solution to a problem you're not trying hard enough!
IP Logged

RonS2
Language Team
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.5.2
Reply #2 - May 8th, 2014 at 4:53pm
Personally I won't lose sleep over it
« Last Edit: May 10th, 2014 at 2:40pm by RonS2 »  

IP Logged

Bill Myers
God Member
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.4
Reply #3 - May 8th, 2014 at 8:38pm
Dandello wrote on May 7th, 2014 at 11:58pm:
What's more curious is that something seems to have happened around Apr 12 that started Google trying to access the denied sections.

As I understand it, Google has always tried to access all areas of the Internet, including those that are supposed to be denied. But there's really no harm in it, and it makes their searches much more thorough.

Morning, noon, or night, have a great one!

Note: Like most others, this forum doesn't allow us to freely edit our posts or topics to make corrections as needed, so please remember to look for subsequent posts if you see any mistakes or outdated information. Sorry for the inconvenience.
IP Logged

Dandello
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Next Team
Operations Team
Beta Testers
Support Team

YaBB 2.6.1
Reply #4 - May 8th, 2014 at 11:30pm
I was just looking at the sudden jump - like more member only sections were added.

If you only have one solution to a problem you're not trying hard enough!
IP Logged

donjusko
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #5 - May 9th, 2014 at 4:00pm
Thanks, I will go through your posts. BTW, I have checked, "Check this if you wish to be notified of replies to this topic." and didn't get any notices. I found your posts by checking this site.

RonS2, 271 Years Before Pantone, an Artist Mixed and Described Every Color Imaginable in an 800-Page Book. I'm going to go deeply into this, I have to check out the book, There is no magenta that was not fugitive back then, it would have been brown by now and there is no cyan, this is cyan. See the way it turns blue as it gets darker?

http://www.thisiscolossal.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/pen-1.jpg

You posted a screen shot showing a big drop in URL access. Where did you find this? It does show more then 6,000 access errors. what's with that? I want anyone to be able to see everything, just not post if your not a member.

pen-1.jpg (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

donjusko
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #6 - May 9th, 2014 at 5:05pm
I went over the book of colors 1228. The Indian yellow color is accurate, I'm not sure of it's time line. The connection to the East Indian Trading Company shows it to be real.
"1800, England, COLOR, Indian Yellow, the best and very permanent transparent yellow was brought to England from India, where it had been used as a pigment for as long as India had cows. The raw product is called Monghyr, magnesium euxanthate natural organic, after a city in Bangal. England made this in oil and kept its ingredients a secret for eighty years. It was in brown to yellow and orange to yellow, two dual-toned colors."

The magenta blow-up does look like a madder color.
"The artist's had it made, a transparent triad palette in tubes for the first time. 1.Transparent dual-toned Indian Yellow. 2.Transparent dual-toned Madder Lake, which was close to Magenta. Treating Madder Lake in a sulfur acid bath made it "New and Improved" Alizarin in 1826, and
3.Prussian blue, an iron based transparent color close to Cyan. The three mixed into a neutral dark that could be pushed warm or cool."

Prussian blue is closer to cyan than the blue in this book. Basically, at first reading and not having a translation I will say the book is a fake.

IP Logged

RonS2
Language Team
Beta Testers

YaBB 2.5.2
Reply #7 - May 10th, 2014 at 12:06am
donjusko wrote on May 9th, 2014 at 4:00pm:
You posted a screen shot showing a big drop in URL access. Where did you find this? It does show more then 6,000 access errors. what's with that? I want anyone to be able to see everything, just not post if your not a member.

That's from my site.
Google will try to access everything. I won't let it access member profiles or any of the admin sections. I have an off-topic board that only members with 100+ posts can view. All these will cause google to have a hissy fit. Since your admin section isn't displayed to the world I would hazard that is in part where of the error are originating from. You do know that in Webmaster tools you can see which URLs are causing the errors?

Since my site has a high ranking (most times on top of page 1) I know it really isn't important
« Last Edit: May 10th, 2014 at 2:40pm by RonS2 »  

IP Logged

donjusko
YaBB Newcomer

Reply #8 - May 10th, 2014 at 12:56am
This confirms the fact that this book wasn't not made in 1692. The ult blue was the gray from a second washing of ultramarine blue. The blue would be the blue from the more common azure not original ultramarine. Original Ultramarine doesn't fade.  The cyan colored iron gas was discovered in 1704.

1705, COLOR, Bister was a transparent yellow to brown, dual-tone color. It was made from charred beechwood and was mainly a water-color pigment and fugitive.  The red and magenta in the progressive shots show the magenta was not part of the series. The red color faded correctly, the magenta stands out like a sore thumb.

1800, COLOR, The Indian yellow shown is the Indian yellow brown side. Had anyone spent the time it would have taken to paint this book they would have spent the money to get the highest quality of Indian yellow. That would be the orange side not the cheaper brown side Indian yellow. IMO. Indian yellow wasn't imported from India until 1800, yet this book shows Indian yellow used in 1692.

Checking farther, I found a yellow from the orange yellow group. I don't know how but the yellows are correct. The date could be wrong. I still can't buy the madder root magenta not turning brown, it could have been a closed, no light, book for all this time. If that's the case it will darken.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1